AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

new merchant center user - does it take a long time to get approved?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Was curious about clients merchant center feed. Just worked with them to get the feed accepted by merchant center - boy was that a task and a half!

I got all the products appearing in the "PRODUCTS" section of the merchant center and under ad extensions and google shopping columns of every product there is an hour glass there. I presume this means that the product is either waiting for manual or automatic approval.

bear in mind this is the first time client has decided to get onto merchant center so will there be a longer delay than normal?

Just looked at http://www.celebird.com/celebird-timeframe.htm

It's giving me this estimate:

feed submit date: Sat Mar 02 2013 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)

feed-process ETA: Mon Mar 04 2013 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)

state-change ETA: Tue Mar 05 2013 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)

[ first-time approval ETA: Sat Mar 23 2013 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time) ]

Would that be accurate - or is it like most things on the net about Adwords - they're out of data within weeks because Google updates and changes all the time?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: new merchant center user - does it take a long time to get approve

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Celebird, as far as I know, is one of the top contributors on the Merchant Center forum, and if that is his website I'm inclinded to think the information presented there is substantiated. Of course, I cannot vouch for it.

However, I do remember that when I first submitted feeds they did take some time to get approved, it did not happen in 1-2 days, it took longer than that, maybe 1-2 weeks.

You may want to check the Merchant Center support forum, I'm pretty sure there are enough discussions there about approval time. Still, you should remember that feeds get approved slower than ads do, at least for the first time Smiley Happy.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: new merchant center user - does it take a long time to get approve

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Celebird, as far as I know, is one of the top contributors on the Merchant Center forum, and if that is his website I'm inclinded to think the information presented there is substantiated. Of course, I cannot vouch for it.

However, I do remember that when I first submitted feeds they did take some time to get approved, it did not happen in 1-2 days, it took longer than that, maybe 1-2 weeks.

You may want to check the Merchant Center support forum, I'm pretty sure there are enough discussions there about approval time. Still, you should remember that feeds get approved slower than ads do, at least for the first time Smiley Happy.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.