AdWords
1.2K members online now
1.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

my video add is Approved but not yet serving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I made a video add for one of my you tube videos and it is approved but not serving. there is no clear issue its just “Not yet serving” even though it is approved and it doesn’t show any issue. 

really need help where I am planning to invest in video adds but currently I am facing this issue.

1st Campaign and budget is 100$

1 Expert replyverified_user

Not yet serving on my video Add

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I made a video add for one of my you tube videos and it is approved but not serving. there is no clear issue its just “Not yet serving” even though it is approved and it doesn’t show any issue. 

really need help where I am planning to invest in video adds but currently I am facing this issue.

1st Campaign and budget is 100$

Re: my video add is Approved but not yet serving

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
It could be that you are bidding too low, or your targeting methods are too narrow.
$100 - is it a daily budget or monthly?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
daily budget is 10$ campaign life is 10 days from 20th till 31st of Jul campaign budget is 100$
Location Saudi Arabia

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If the status is "not serving" , the video has not been reviewed yet. Wait for a couple of hours.

Read from here 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2934773?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes this is very clear but the add is Approved and not serving stat is now 2 days with no change.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think it is very clear for you, otherwise you wouldn't be asking Smiley Happy

The Video ads have two components , the text part and the video part.

Approval is done in a sequence for both components.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722120?rd=1

Before review:

• Under review -- Ad is still being reviewed and can't show until it's been approved.
  • Not yet serving (video ads) -- A video ad is not yet approved to appear on YouTube but is under review.

After review - ads can run:

• Approved -- Ad complies with our policies, so it's allowed to show for all audiences.
  • Serving (video ads) -- A video ad is approved to appear on YouTube.

-------------

For the Video ads you have always 2 statuses:

1) For the video part there is first (before review) "not yet serving" and then (after review) says "serving"

2) For the text part for the video ads there is first (before review) the status "Under review" and then "Approved"

The fact that you see the following combination of statuses "Not yet serving" and "Approved" means that the video part was not reviewed. It is weekend, maybe it is scheduled to be manually reviewed during business hours on monday.

Also I noticed an amusing wording in the info bubble of the video ad status about ",or in other states." :

crazy_info_bubble.png

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

If there is a technical issue with the video format (resulting in "ad not serving yet")  it should say: "issue with ad..."
What targeting method are you using?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’