AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

my account is suspended i was promoting a "affiliate landing page"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi i just started to run a ad campaign yesterday and my account was suspended today it seems like because i was promoting a "affiliate landing page" i did not realise there were so many rules to comply with but now after receiving information after suspension if i change my website completely to add value and if i change my ad campaign techniques can i get my account unsuspended. dont be harsh i am new to this and did not realise will this be the end for my account or is there a way to reform and get unsuspended and follow guidelines 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author john t
September 2015

Re: my account is suspended i was promoting a "affiliate landing

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Fix the site;

Remove the affiliate ads . Have the site a pure content landing page. Have the content with added value (your experience; your thoughts - do NOT copy/ paste content already there.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Can you fix the web page? (There are affiliates that would not let do that)

If you can fix the web page,   it can be re-submitted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi i own the website and it was a landing page reviewing a product with the option to purchase through a affiliate link so if i change the landing page to a article instead and remove the product review and affiliate link and change my ad will that work?

also the ad campaign i launched basically read  review of product name 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

To follow Moshe, I would also like to add that being an affiliate you should know about the advertising policies listed in this reference: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/45068?hl=en#

Also you should be aware of the Google's URL policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/14844#

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi so what i am going to do after reviewing the information provided is completely redesign my site so that it provides valuable information to viewers i will push my review to a different page and work on adding value but as the domain name has the product name + review in it i could get rid of the review page but it would defeat the purpose of the domain name if i do this

and strive to follow the guidelines in the pages provided and i resubmit my site for a review would it be likely to get my account reactivated? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author john t
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Fix the site;

Remove the affiliate ads . Have the site a pure content landing page. Have the content with added value (your experience; your thoughts - do NOT copy/ paste content already there.)

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok will do thank you

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@john t;

Since you are (well...one of the "not many cases") willing to put the efforts to fix a site - we could have a look at the site and comment BEFORE you submit it.

Post the URL once you are done the re-design. We'll have a quick look

Read the Policy; make sure you comply with every section. The recommended method is to work section by section, and verify compliance. I agree it is not an easy task;