AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

my account is suspended i was promoting a "affiliate landing page"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi i just started to run a ad campaign yesterday and my account was suspended today it seems like because i was promoting a "affiliate landing page" i did not realise there were so many rules to comply with but now after receiving information after suspension if i change my website completely to add value and if i change my ad campaign techniques can i get my account unsuspended. dont be harsh i am new to this and did not realise will this be the end for my account or is there a way to reform and get unsuspended and follow guidelines 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author john t
September 2015

Re: my account is suspended i was promoting a "affiliate landing

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Fix the site;

Remove the affiliate ads . Have the site a pure content landing page. Have the content with added value (your experience; your thoughts - do NOT copy/ paste content already there.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Can you fix the web page? (There are affiliates that would not let do that)

If you can fix the web page,   it can be re-submitted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi i own the website and it was a landing page reviewing a product with the option to purchase through a affiliate link so if i change the landing page to a article instead and remove the product review and affiliate link and change my ad will that work?

also the ad campaign i launched basically read  review of product name 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

To follow Moshe, I would also like to add that being an affiliate you should know about the advertising policies listed in this reference: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/45068?hl=en#

Also you should be aware of the Google's URL policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/14844#

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi so what i am going to do after reviewing the information provided is completely redesign my site so that it provides valuable information to viewers i will push my review to a different page and work on adding value but as the domain name has the product name + review in it i could get rid of the review page but it would defeat the purpose of the domain name if i do this

and strive to follow the guidelines in the pages provided and i resubmit my site for a review would it be likely to get my account reactivated? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author john t
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Fix the site;

Remove the affiliate ads . Have the site a pure content landing page. Have the content with added value (your experience; your thoughts - do NOT copy/ paste content already there.)

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok will do thank you

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@john t;

Since you are (well...one of the "not many cases") willing to put the efforts to fix a site - we could have a look at the site and comment BEFORE you submit it.

Post the URL once you are done the re-design. We'll have a quick look

Read the Policy; make sure you comply with every section. The recommended method is to work section by section, and verify compliance. I agree it is not an easy task;