AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

malware reported by Adwords, but where is it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two websites recently suspended due to malware:
www.dreamsatellite.com
www.dishhdtvchina.com

i have done everything I could to check but found nothing wrong, google webmaster tools also indicate that there's no malware on either of them. 
Adwords advised me to submit a review to Webmaster Tools, if they lift the ban, Adwords will active my advertising again.

I'm extremely upset with the whole process, Adwords fails to give any specific information about where goes wrong, just asked me to check, which I'm not sure if I'm able to get it done at all. To me everything looks fine. 

what can I do now? just wait a few weeks? The advertising stops and the business is loosing money, this is quite serious to my business.

Is there anybody who can help me to check where exactly goes wrong on my website so I can fix it asap.

I appriciate it very much!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: malware reported by Adwords, but where is it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

In my view, by saying that you violate the "malware" clause of the Policy, they actually referred to the copyright section of the Policy.

In my view - the latter is the section violated. Your sites violate the copyright section

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, this might be a new direction I have to check things. I checked the copyright section policy, I'm not sure which part I violated, I did revised a few PDF files but I did not delete anything, I added my web address on them, is this a serious problem? If so I can delete the address from all of them?

Anything else I have to check?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You are offering to watch US and international TV channels without paying royalties to those channels?

Do you have a licence to distribute them?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no, this is not correct. we are NOT a piracy dealer. we serve legitimate subscribers only and we never offer any pirated systems.

dishhdtvchina.com
we make it clear on front page that this is legitimate subscription to DishHD, we have links to www.dishhdasia.com at footer of each page.

dreamsatellite.com
the same case, we have links to official website www.dream.com.ph on footer every page, and we have links to dream's offician facebook and twitter, even wiki, we also listed some locally reported piracy dealers
http://www.dreamsatellite.com/piracy_dealers.htm
I'm afraid that some sites have malware so i hide the full url

for Dream we even have wiki explaination that we are official shanghai website for information.

there are dozens of real piracy satellite tv websites still display adwords, i can give some examples if needed, like a superiptv.com which is obviously illegal rebroadcasting of encrypted satellite tv, Adwords advertising exsits for a long time.

Is there anything I can explain this situation to Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

on page of contact.htm
we have contact info to official website, if people like they can contact philippines directly

people like those philippino working in shanghai, we did dish installations to them, a lot, people travelling with their own receivers, we do dish installation and technical supports, they need us. we also help people to subscribe to Dream and DishHD, the subscription money actually went to the official service provider, we make a little reasonable service charges, most people can not handle receiver things and dish installations, that's where we come in.

I think we have make that clear on both websites, is there anything i have to revise about the content to get the ban lift?

the worst case scenario, if i can not run a Adwords campaign, does the situation have bad influence on my natural google organic search results. Both websites perform well. one is 10 years, the other is almost 3 years, content are mostly original and helpful.

please advise, I'm a bit worried. thanks.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi dreamsatellite,

I'm skeptical of Moshe's guess that the real problem was copyright.  I know our our systems do distinguish malware and copyright violations, and I'm 99% sure we have different suspension emails for them.  But if Moshe's right and I'm wrong, it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Can you post the text of the email you got saying that your ads were suspended for malware?  (With any personal information like email addresses, customer IDs, etc. removed, please.)

I took a quick look at the source of the main page of your site and didn't see any malware.  But I'm no expert on it, and I didn't look at any pages deeper into your site.  FWIW, it is fairly common for sites to get hacked and have malware inserted somewhere on them, and for the site owner not to know about it.  I've even had some friends get their site suspended for malware because their hosting company was hacked and had all of its hosted sites infected.

> the worst case scenario, if i can not run a Adwords campaign,

> does the situation have bad influence on my natural google organic search results.

No.  But if AdWords really did find malware somewhere on your site, then sooner or later the Search web crawler will find it too and then your site may get black-listed from the search results.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Laura, here comes the message i received from Adwords, most in Chinese but the error is in English: Linking To/Hosting Malware.

I have exchanged a couple of emails with the Adwords team and they asked me me to submit a review request at Webmaster Tools, which i did for both the websites.

I have also requested review from MaCfee because they blacklisted the two sites.

I'm going to change hosting for both, new server, new IP, before uploading I will scan all the files again. Tomorrow I will try to upload the two websites.

In the mean time the other interesting thing I observed is that I'm courious if it is about the sensitive words which are banned in China for online advertising, though my advertising is in English, it's about satellite tv anyway. I see some other competitors' ads are gone too recently. 

Is there anything else I can do beside waiting for Webmaster Tool review results?

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Aside from waiting for that malware review, the only other suggestion I have is to get someone knowledgeable about malware (perhaps a consultant or someone at your hosting company) to analyze your site and see if they can find any problems.

I doubt that sensitive words in China would have anything to do with a malware warning.

Laura