AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

limited approval - ads don't show

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My remarketing campaign ads got limited approval, but the ads still don't show. 

Can it be that my ads don't show due to a visual of a woman who is running wearing a tank (bare shoulders)? 

The visual is far from being provocative, you can see a woman running looking at her stop watch. 

I don't understand it. If the approval is limited. why the ads don't show at all? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Orit B
September 2015

Re: limited approval - ads don't show

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your answer.

Orit

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Orirt,

Ads with Approved [limited] status has certain limitations to show the ad. You can learn more about this status here. If you clearly don't know the reason why your ads has approved [limited] status you can know this by enabling Policy details columnHere is all about Adwords policies regarding promotion of Adult Oriented content. As you are confident that the image is not provocative, the reason might be that you haven't  built a decent list of audience for remarketing.

A remarketing list must have at least 100 active visitors within the last 30 days before you can show an ad to people on the list when they visit a Display Network site.

What is the size of your remarketing list ? If you had recently started remarketing it takes time to get a list of audience to show your ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the answer, John Paul.

The reason my ads have limited approval is 'human form and contact'. As I mentioned i have a visual of a woman running and looking at her watch. She runs wearing a tank. which means she is bear shoulders. If this is the reason of not to approve my banners this is outraging. We promote running clothes - shirts and tanks, btw.
And I do have the minimum active users for a remarketing campaign.

Do you have any suggestions how to make my ads approved? My client refuses to change the visuals as they are not provocative,not sexy. Just an informative good looking visual.

Thank you again.
Orit

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Human form and Contact policy clearly says - 

Image ads showing tight clothing or exposed skin in areas including, but not limited to, midriff, thighs and shoulders will be marked "Approved (limited)". ... cartoons/animations with exposed skin or tight clothing that give an indication of breasts, buttocks or genitalia, and ads in which adult human forms are in bodily contact.

Since it is clearly mentioned in the Adwords policies, there is no way to get complete Approval for this Ad. Tell your client about this Adwords policy and then he should agree with you because it is the only way he had. Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Orit B
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your answer.

Orit