AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

itunes URL disapproval (url was generated by adwords) what gives?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create a Display Campaign for our iOS app, which I used the Adwords walk-though system to find our app and linked it. It seemed straight forward, the link URL was automatically filled by the system walk-though, yet about 6 hours of running the add it came back as disapproved because it claimed the URL didn't link to anything. I tested the URL and it took me to the expected iTunes app page. I've currently had to resubmit and now I'm concerned this is going to happen again and you are going to suspend our account for repeated "policy" violation...

What gives?! Literally trying to throw money at you to advertise and little quirks like this keep popping up!

Was there something wrong with the URL, did our paid clicks during the up time actually even link to anything? I don't see anything wrong on our end.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt P
November 2015

Re: itunes URL disapproval (url was generated by adwords) what gives?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Matt.
This is the second time I've seen this happen this week with itunes.

The last time, the user submitted it again and it was approved and ran fine. Can you try again?

Can you also let me know if you see more than one listing for your app when you search for it in the ad creation wizard?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt P
November 2015

Re: itunes URL disapproval (url was generated by adwords) what gives?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Matt.
This is the second time I've seen this happen this week with itunes.

The last time, the user submitted it again and it was approved and ran fine. Can you try again?

Can you also let me know if you see more than one listing for your app when you search for it in the ad creation wizard?