AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

invited person already has account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Added an account in MCC for a client. I sent them an invitation to access the account and it turns out they had a PPC account assigned to the email. The campaigns in the client's account have been disabled for years(not running ads). Short of my client creating a new google account how can they access/accept my invitation and sign on with their existing account? 

Best Practice?
I will set up more PPC Campaigns for different websites for the same client. If they create their own MCC account will they be able to accept/access the PPC Campaigns I create for them in their own MCC account?

Evan
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: invited person already has account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Evan,

Accepting Invitation:

Are you trying to invite your client as a user for a newly created account under your MCC? Although the AdWords account is cancelled or campaigns are paused, the old account remains linked to the email address. To get the old email lined to the new account, you'll have to follow a few steps:

1. log in to the old account with e original email address
  2. invite an email address (which isn't linked to AdWords) as an admin user
  3. log back in as the new admin and terminate old email address' access

Doing this would unlink the original email address which would then be free to use with any AdWords account.

Different websites for the same client:

In principle I'd suggest one account per business, irrespective of the number of websites being advertised. However, if you choose to create an MCC and have all their accounts under it, you can link the MCC under yours, for the ease of management.

Feel free to write back, if you're facing any issues.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Evan,

Accepting Invitation:

Are you trying to invite your client as a user for a newly created account under your MCC? Although the AdWords account is cancelled or campaigns are paused, the old account remains linked to the email address. To get the old email lined to the new account, you'll have to follow a few steps:

1. log in to the old account with e original email address
  2. invite an email address (which isn't linked to AdWords) as an admin user
  3. log back in as the new admin and terminate old email address' access

Doing this would unlink the original email address which would then be free to use with any AdWords account.

Different websites for the same client:

In principle I'd suggest one account per business, irrespective of the number of websites being advertised. However, if you choose to create an MCC and have all their accounts under it, you can link the MCC under yours, for the ease of management.

Feel free to write back, if you're facing any issues.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth, just to clarify. If *he* creates an MCC account will he be able to accept multiple account invitations sent from my MCC account?

Thanks for your help.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Evan,

You'll have to ask your client to create an MCC, link all his accounts under it and link his MCC under yours.

Or

Create an MCC under your own MCC and create individual client accounts under it. Then grant your client access to the sub MCC.

In either case, it would be a single invitation.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar