AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

iFraming wordpress blog into html page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a quick question about embedding a wordpress blog in an iframe window on a website that i'll be advertising on google adwords.  I know google sometimes has as a problem with advertsing pages that iframe content in from other sites.

But in my case, my site is mysiteexample.com,  my wordpress blog is mysiteexample.com/blog,   and the page that I would like to iframe my blog into mysiteexample.com/blog.html.  Will google have any problem with this, seeing as how all the of the pages are contained within the same domain?

Thanks for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: iFraming wordpress blog into html page

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brian
AdWords has an issue with Iframes that pull in other sites content since your blog page will have the same url this does NOT infringe on any AdWords policy so I would think that it would be allowed not 100% sure have never tried.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190437?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great, thanks for the info, will save me a ton of time trying to change a wordpress site to look like my web page design.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the AdWords Community!

As mentioned by Trevor, it is difficult to come to a conclusion without seeing your actual page in question. It would be really helpful for us to analyze and give you the answer you are looking for.

To mention one more point here, Google' doesn't allow websites that provide quality content beyond the framed content in your landing page. If your landing page is showing identical content across the templated sites, again you will be violating this policy. Here's an example of unacceptable website with framed content.

What I would suggest you is to reply back in the thread with the exact landing page, because violating this policy could result in domain disabling which means you can't able to advertise through AdWords even if you open a new AdWords account. Additional info about what you are trying to provide to the visitors of your ad, can also help you with better ideas.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. The page isn't fully built yet, but for clarification, I have a fully functional website with its own content on each page.

I also have my own WordPress blog which is hosted in a folder on the same domain and hosting server, mysite.com/blog.

Then I have an html page on my site; mysite.com/blogpage.html
This page contains the same header, menu, footer, and body structure as the rest my site, but the only content on the page is a full width iframe of my WordPress blog.

I will not be sending traffic to this blog page, but I know Google checks an entire site for violations during approval.

I think what Trevor is saying makes sense, but can an actual ad words rep confirm this, or do they not read these forums? It's too bad there has to be this fear of permanent suspension if one little mistake is made on a policy that Google has not made clear.

Thanks.