AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

html5 content from Edge animate into adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I make a lot of banners for Adform using adobe edge animate, and then i got a customer who wanted banners for AdWords. I spent huge amount of time to make design and animation, just to find out that adwords does not accept anything except for google web designer ads? Please tell me im wrong is there no possibility to advertise my banners in adwords system? 

I advertise 1 item in the banner its a mirror/lamp nothing else, isnt it possible to upload banners to some server and just embed a link somewhere in adwords system? sort of iframe?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: html5 content from Edge animate into adwords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Alexei P,

You can certainly advertise banner ads in AdWords, provided they comply with Google's policies like file size, dimensions, frame rate (for flash ads). More info on this here.

Unfortunately, embedding links to ads on a different server wouldn't be possible, as it is a requirement that ads be physically available in the campaign, to serve them.

Feel free to write back,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you find an answer to this?

It says "Only HTML5 ads created with Google Web Designer are supported", which is just bizarre, especially since GWD is Beta, and lacking.
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is monopoly and unfair business practices from Google. Adobe Edge Animate is simpy best tool.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google advises that HTML5 can now be uploaded into Adwords from external sources. It was a Beta that's now fully released. Have you tried again yet? Curious to know if Edge files are being accepted.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It doesn't work. Edge animate links to a library hosted on adobes cdn which is not permitted by adwords. Including it in your package adds a 104k JS file which is totally unacceptable.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Specs have now been updated, they will accept ads built in any software, provided it meets other specs (150Kb, ect).

Just use this js script and call:
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/pagead/gadgets/html5/api/exitapi.js"> </script>

<a onclick="ExitApi.exit()">Click Here!</a>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried everything!

Uploaded ... got an error ...

Size: under 150KB

Number of files in the animated banner: under 40

Added: <meta name="ad.size" content="width=300,height=250">

Replaced <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://animate.adobe.com/runtime/6.0.0/edge.6.0.0.min.js"></script>  with <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js"></script>

... and now I can't see the uploaded banner. Smiley Mad

I'm not a programmer so I'm really lost. Has anybody made this work yet?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My opinion is that the Adobe Edge Animate HTML5 banners are the most powerful HTML5 banners.

In one time they will be become standard for designers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've run into the same issues and havent been able to find a solution.

Im also not a programmer and feeling totally lost. Someone had suggested this to me:

"You create tracking pixels in Google Tag Manager, and then add GTM tag to html output files from Edge Animate.
Edge Animate produces HTML files that you upload to the server. All we need to do is copy and paste GTM tag to those files."

Not sure HOW to do that but does anyone else know?