AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

how can i change ad-words account for a single domain ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i.e account1 is now running ads for example.com. But now i want to use account2 for example.com .

account1 has - different email id , different currency , different address than accont2 .

- so how is it possible to change within 24 hrs .
- dont want to cancel / delet any of the account at the same time .

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how can i change ad-words account for a single domain ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

You can't use 2 accounts for same domain.

Please read adwords policies in detail. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

Regards,

Foyzul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

dear,

i know the policy but you did not understand my question .
i dont want to run campaing with account1 for example.com .

but i want to run campaing with account2 .
also i dont want to cancel account1.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Mithun,

If you read the policy, it denies usage of accounts for the same domain. This is my experience and my opinion.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if i remove  the domain from the 1st account , will it solve the probem ?

or what if i cancel the 1st account and add the domain to 2nd account ? will it creat problem?

one more thing i need to tell you that the two accounts are from different country .

i just need to move the domain from 1st account to the 2nd one so, please give me a solution that i can follow in very short time . 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@mithun09870;

Foyzul explained the issue ; You cannot have two accounts for the same business;

You can target different domains using the same account;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i think i am not getting the correct answer. to smplify just answer this question what if i close the account and then use the domain in another one?

***please take your little time and try to understand. 

adword policy says this about sametime using of 2 accounts for 1 domain. 

but i dont want to use 1domain at a time to 2different account. i have no fundding source for the 1 account , that is why i want to transfer the domain from the old one to new . but i dont want to run ads in both accounts in same time.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I am sorry that my fellow contributors gave a wrong answer to your question.

Yes, you can move from one account to another account within 24 hours. You can do it using adwords editor tool.

Just do one thing. Pause your current ads and make the move and then let run the ads on the new account.

Google doesn't ban you if you are honest about things so you don't have to really worry.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@StructuredPPC;

To avoid any misunderstand;

A business is not allowed to have two accounts to target the same domain;

This is clearly stated on the Double Serving Policy. (With some exceptions that are not relevant in our case)

There is no "grace period" of 24 hrs. to close an account. Two accounts should have NOT been opened (to begin with). Once opened, one should be closed ASAP. (Before the bots trigger the violation)

-Moshe

StructuredPPC wrote:
I am sorry that my fellow contributors gave a wrong answer to your question.

Yes, you can move from one account to another account within 24 hours. You can do it using adwords editor tool.

Just do one thing. Pause your current ads and make the move and then let run the ads on the new account.

Google doesn't ban you if you are honest about things so you don't have to really worry.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I am sorry to say that you have totally misunderstood the phenomenon of double serving.

You may be the Top Contributor but i don't mind. Google says that you "should not be running" the same ads or keywords pointing to the same website or similar website.

What this means is you should pause the ads when you make such a move. Look i am an optimize at Trada.

People would have had accounts before coming to trada. So if they make a switch they are probably going to pause their campaigns. This doesn't mean they are violating the policy sir.