AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

how can I stop my adds from getting dissaproved when I edit my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a problem, from time to time I need to edit my adds and do maintenance my website and when I do I take my site offline. this usually results in my adds violating adwords terms due to bad URL response.

this is the order I do things-

1 pause my adwords campaign

2 take my website offline and do what I need to do

3 take my site back online

4 edit my adds and resume the add campaign

It seems even though I have paused the campaign during my site downtime I get penalised for taking my site off line ??

I am so afraid of having my account suspended so how can I edit my site and ads without this happening?

thanks

thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how can I stop my adds from getting dissaproved when I edit my web

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
Is the site slow to respond?
You need to solve the root cause... Pausing the campaign and resuming, is not what I would recommend;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no its not slow  works fine , the thing is I show a price on my ads and on my site so when the price changes I need to make sure that when a user clicks through the price is the same as the add.

I think google addwords continues to test urls on paused adds and thats the problem, they should fix this

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SolarPowerQuote
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Correct;
Paused ads are checked; so in case an advertiser would like to "instantly" use / launch them, they are "ready to be shown", and the advertiser doesn't have to wait until ads are approved (a process that could take 2 days...)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just thinking other way round, why don't you try Dynamic Campaign, where you don't manually change the price tag in your ad and rather let Google crawl through your site and pick the relevant content and show ads to your users?

I hope your site is not a Daily Deal site where you show daily deal to the users because if that's the case, then DSAs are not for you.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471185?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok thanks now I understand, so next time I should just make all my edits while everything is live

cheers Smiley Wink