AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

help with hijacking of Peace of Mind Pet and House Sitting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning, Please Help When you type in"peace of mind - home" our "'advert'" comes up but we now have a piggy back company called '"Peace of Mind Internet Cafe. there is two things I want to know how did they get there and are they paying to advertise with Adword. they have taken our home page and made changes to suit themselves and so that it looks like we are the same company which is not so. Since they have been connected to us our business has dropped to a big 0. Is there somebody that can help urgently please. We have paid to advertise but now we are paying for 2 businesses of which one is not ours. PLEASE HELP If somebody had asked me if I would recommend "' Adword"' this is what I would say at the this moment in time. 1 - Nothing poitive as far as help is concerned because we have been trying for a week now to get help. 2 - Security a big fat 0 3 - Accurate 0 4 - Service 0 5 - Transparency & privacy 0 

Bad newa is I see other people have the same or simalar problem. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: help with hijacking of Peace of Mind Pet and House Sitting

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

"What I mean when I say they have taken our home page and made changes - they have some how taken our home page on our website made changes to our page to suit there needs and wants and made it their home page."

I don't see what this has to do with Google.

As far as getting no responses - I - and others - answered your questions quite extensively when you posted about this a few days ago.

I think you need to understand the different elements of the problem...

1. Your website and your home page is your issue - nothing to do with Google - talk to your host. someone can't simply come and "take" your home page and make it theirs. As Moshe explains this  (if this is what has actually happened, which - I must admit - I doubt) is a security issue.

2. your competitors can use the same keywords as you. They can even use your name to target people looking for you - this is allowed by Google

3. believe me - if their ad is appearing on the sponsored links - they are paying Google!

One question... can you post a link to your home page - and to the one which has been changed?

Thanks

View solution in original post

help with hijacking of Peace of Mind Pet and House Sitting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning, Please Help When you type in"peace of mind - home" our "'advert'" comes up but we now have a piggy back company called '"Peace of Mind Internet Cafe. there is two things I want to know how did they get there and are they paying to advertise with Adword. they have taken our home page and made changes to suit themselves and so that it looks like we are the same company which is not so. Since they have been connected to us our business has dropped to a big 0. Is there somebody that can help urgently please. We have paid to advertise but now we are paying for 2 businesses of which one is not ours. PLEASE HELP If somebody had asked me if I would recommend "' Adword"' this is what I would say at the this moment in time. 1 - Nothing poitive as far as help is concerned because we have been trying for a week now to get help. 2 - Security a big fat 0 3 - Accurate 0 4 - Service 0 5 - Transparency & privacy 0 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Please explain your question;

What do you mean by: " they have taken our home page and made changes to suit themselves" - was your site compromised? - If this is the case, then  this is a web security issue,  which  is beyond  the scope of our forum;

If your competitor is using your company name to trigger his ad - this is  allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What I mean when I say they have taken our home page and made changes - they have some how taken our home page on our website made changes to our page to suit there needs and wants and made it their home page. Google has a little icon on top of the right hand side of the page well they don't have that. We pay to have our advert on Google do they? and the sad part is we are going from pillar to post and getting nowhere. If you would be so kind to let us know how do we get this sorted out or send it on to the right people I would be so glad. Many thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

"What I mean when I say they have taken our home page and made changes - they have some how taken our home page on our website made changes to our page to suit there needs and wants and made it their home page."

I don't see what this has to do with Google.

As far as getting no responses - I - and others - answered your questions quite extensively when you posted about this a few days ago.

I think you need to understand the different elements of the problem...

1. Your website and your home page is your issue - nothing to do with Google - talk to your host. someone can't simply come and "take" your home page and make it theirs. As Moshe explains this  (if this is what has actually happened, which - I must admit - I doubt) is a security issue.

2. your competitors can use the same keywords as you. They can even use your name to target people looking for you - this is allowed by Google

3. believe me - if their ad is appearing on the sponsored links - they are paying Google!

One question... can you post a link to your home page - and to the one which has been changed?

Thanks