AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

help plz on keywords or adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

So the marketing company I use has set me up with an account.  When you do a google search example

rochesterappliance it comes up with my ad on top, well it turns out that this is also the name of a company in my area.  He says it is againsist the law for me to use this.  He does not have a problem with me useing rochester appliance( with a space between).  He claims that his DBA is rochesterappliance (no space).  Now when you look at the search results it clearly says ad in my box (which is above his).  When you click on the ad it takes you to a page that clearly states my company, not rochesterappliance.  My marketing company says we have done no wrong, but their necks are not on the line just mine so I wanted to make sure.

ad words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI

I use an ad word that turns out to be someones dba.  example rochesterappliance no spaces is this legal? i also use rochester appliance can he claim infringemant?

Re: help plz on keywords or adwords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zcrazyhorse4me,

Welcome to the forum,

According to the Google "Trademark Policy" it clearly states that "Google will not investigate or restrict the use of trademark terms in keywords & ad's display URL even if a trademark complaint is received but Google will investigate and may restrict the use of a trademark within ad text. Ads using restricted trademarks in their ad text may not be allowed to run."

Here is the link with more information:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Re: help plz on keywords or adwords

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Ditto. You can bid on trade marked terms as keywords, but you can't use those TM's in the ad text.
Tom