AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

having issues with adding a tracking code to destination URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So Im setting up my AD. and I keep getting an invaild URL message.

my display ad is this:www.educaciononline.com

and my destination URL is this: http://educaciononline.com/universities/eo_ks/test/index.php?CID=005&SID=013

I get an invalid URL error message.

I read all the policy info pages and I cant seem to find a list with allowed characters for the destination URL. 

Can someone please shed some light on this conundrum.

Thank you very much in advance!

Optimoweb Team

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: having issues with adding a tracking code to destination URL

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Optimoweb,
Where are you getting that error? In the Interface or AdWords Editor? From a character stand point, you should be good. I tried the URL and I could access it. Maybe try adding the www. to the Destination URL, but it seems like a weird error to me.
Or you could always clear your cookies and your cache if you're still seeing the error.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

As Brian said above, it doesn't look to be any issues around with the Destination URL when you create an ad. Can you share a screesnhot with us about this error message so that we get an idea of what's happening?

Also, did you try creating ad with some another browser, preferably Chrome browser?

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I also checked this URL and nothing find any single error on your destination URL. It works fine. You should check error closely. If you still receive problem, you can try to create another landing page (Destination URL). Try make it static.