AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

google hosted site suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My domain www.swiss-watch-repair.com is a google hosted site and linked (verified by sites.google.com/site/ncwatchrepair) I am only able to run ads with the long unprofessional looking address sites.google.com/site/ncwatchrepair vs the more professional www.swiss-watch-repair.com. After several trial and error tests google suspended the site/domain www.swiss-watch-repair.com - My web site was created with google sites and exactly there I have the possibility legally, to use a verified domain like my www.swiss-watch-repair.com. I assume it is a forward issue but in fact this is not a forward (ghl.googlehosted.com) since you can type www.swiss-watch-repair.com/home which is the same as sites.google.com/site/ncwatchrepair. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google hosted site suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
The reason that you can run ads only with the "site" display URL is because the display URL must match the landing page. However; - in my view this is not the reason you were suspended.
Please copy / paste the exact text on the red bar shown when you log into the account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your kind answer. Sorry for my ignorance... Once I log into my adword account I do not have a red bar. Neither do I in my sites account. I only get site suspended when I use the www.swiss-watch-repair.com in both fields when I create and ad. I am afraid if I try that one more time Google might suspend my adword account.... Thank you for your help

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Johann,

I might be wrong, but from my point of view this problem has something to do with your domain mapping. Please make sure it's not redirecting and the domain URL of your site doesn't change when a user clicks the ad. I went to your website, saw a few pages, then wanted to return to the homepage, so I clicked on the "Swiss Watch Repair" title that you use instead of a logo, and then URL went to https://sites.google.com/site/ncwatchrepair/. Are you sure users don't get redirected like this after clicking on an ad? You might need to go through some minor changes in configuration and this should fix the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Milda for your kind reply.
As per google sites this should be a none infraction of their own policy. I did all that below and they still suspened (blacklisted) my www.swiss-watch-repair.com for ads.
In google sites it states...
"If you would like your site to appear under a custom domain URL that you control, such as www.example.com, you can have your site appear at that URL by going through a process known as mapping your site. Then, as people navigate your site, they will remain on www.example.com unless they click an external link.
To point visitors to this new URL, you might also have to make changes to your CNAME record, which controls what aliases are associated with your domain."