AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

good morning about ads on maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

im trying to figure how an ad for a company that has the same goal as mine and bussiness type has an ad posted on my bussiness address for maps

1 Expert replyverified_user

good morning about ads on maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

<->THERE IS A AD FOR ANOTHER STEEL COMPANY PLACED ON MY BUSSINESS ADDRESS

HOW DO I GET RID OF THAT

Re: good morning about ads on maps

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Chris M,

Please take a look at this announcement from Google regarding the New Google Maps:  http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/05/reach-local-customers-searching-on.html

Although the process of advertising in this manner has not changed, you'll still find relevant info here.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
YES BUT HOW DO I GET MY AD THERE INTED OF ANOTHER COMPANY
OR IS IT BASED ON RELEVENT COMPANIES

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

If you read the article I linked above, you will see that you can run an AdWords campaign and with the proper targeting/settings, your ads will be eligible to appear just like the ones you see now.  There is no technical way to guarantee that other ads will not show up. The relevancy is determined by Google and yes, this is a factor.  

Here is the relevant quote from the above article:

"Just like in the current version of Google Maps, the best way to have your ads seen by potential customers in the new Google Maps is to run search ads with location extensions. You’ll also need ensure you’re including search partners in your campaign network settings to appear on Google Maps."

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’