AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

flashbanner not recognised by adwords editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have an issue with adwords editor: It doen'st recognise my flashbanner as an image.

Starting point

I used a banner from an previous project as a template, which worked fine and was uploaded with editor.

The only thing I changed was the animation and the content.

Some meta:
flashplayer settings: 9
AS: 3
filesize: 96

Weird thing is:

Manually uploading via adwords is no problem.
So the banner meets the requirements.

So..

Seems like a bug perhaps in editor then?

I can provide the banner.

Regards,

Toni

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Toni J
September 2015

Re: flashbanner not recognised by adwords editor

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Yes, please do provide the banner.

Are you getting an error when you try to add the image in Editor (that is, when you click Choose Image link and select the file), or when you Post Changes? If the latter, then you can collect more information as described here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/94249

Enable logging, then try to post. Once you see the error, there should now be a log file. Open it in any text editor, look for "_ApiException", and then a few lines below that there should be "message: <Some long error message>". That usually gives a more detailed information about what went wrong. If you don't mind, please post it here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Toni J
September 2015

Re: flashbanner not recognised by adwords editor

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Yes, please do provide the banner.

Are you getting an error when you try to add the image in Editor (that is, when you click Choose Image link and select the file), or when you Post Changes? If the latter, then you can collect more information as described here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/94249

Enable logging, then try to post. Once you see the error, there should now be a log file. Open it in any text editor, look for "_ApiException", and then a few lines below that there should be "message: <Some long error message>". That usually gives a more detailed information about what went wrong. If you don't mind, please post it here.