AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

fake free shipping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I was checking some competitors with the perspective of joining google shopping too.

I have seen, in my country (France), it is normal to use the "free shipping" attribute and then add an overprice for shipping at the moment of the total billing. It is used from almost all the merchants even when selling google's chromecast.

I was under the impression this is an infringement of the google's merchants guidelines.

May I assume it  is normal  and may I do the same? 

Regards,

I.L.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Amy C (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: fake free shipping

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hello Ignazio,

Thank you for writing in! For feeds targeting the US, UK, Germany and France, it is required to provide shipping costs for every item, either by specifying the global default shipping costs in the Merchant Center settings, or by providing this attribute. If an advertiser does not provide shipping costs using one of these methods for each item, or if he/she provides inaccurate shipping costs, this is a violation of our policies and those products are subject to disapproval or even suspension. 

Given the high number of advertisers using Google Shopping, our policy team may not catch all violations, but this does not mean these practices are "allowed" within our guidelines. Google strives to provide our customers with the best experience possible, and these shipping violations negatively impact the user experience.

When you do see advertisers violating our shipping policy, we ask that you fill out this complaint form in order to alert our policy team: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1&hl=en

Thank you for your question about shipping prices, your concerns are valid and we are working to ensure that products on Google Shopping provide accurate information to customers. 

Cheers,

Amy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Amy C (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: fake free shipping

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hello Ignazio,

Thank you for writing in! For feeds targeting the US, UK, Germany and France, it is required to provide shipping costs for every item, either by specifying the global default shipping costs in the Merchant Center settings, or by providing this attribute. If an advertiser does not provide shipping costs using one of these methods for each item, or if he/she provides inaccurate shipping costs, this is a violation of our policies and those products are subject to disapproval or even suspension. 

Given the high number of advertisers using Google Shopping, our policy team may not catch all violations, but this does not mean these practices are "allowed" within our guidelines. Google strives to provide our customers with the best experience possible, and these shipping violations negatively impact the user experience.

When you do see advertisers violating our shipping policy, we ask that you fill out this complaint form in order to alert our policy team: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1&hl=en

Thank you for your question about shipping prices, your concerns are valid and we are working to ensure that products on Google Shopping provide accurate information to customers. 

Cheers,

Amy