AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

double serving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm aware of the double serving policy but am in doubt about a case.

For some reason a potential client wishes to run two different accounts.

So, both accounts will have the same domain.

Regarding keywords, although they will be related to the same type of business, the plan is for them not to overlap with each other from one account to the other. So different keywords in each account and on top of that keywords from one account will be added as negatives in the other and vice versa.

As a consequence ads from the two accounts should never compete with each other in the same auction.

Could this still be considered a double serving case? Has anyone had any similar experience? 

I understand it's a very tricky situation and one that should be avoided in the first place but client would like to know if it's possible.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: double serving

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Leonardo,

According to the thread below, his intentions don't seem to matter as per Moshe's (and others) response to that thread, "Google is very tough on the one business, one account policy", in his words.

Thread:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Multiple-accounts-for-a-single-do...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leonardo G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Leonardo;

This would be a violation of the "double serving" since two criteria are met  for the same business entity; same products; and same pricing;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Akkari and Moshe for your advice.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad to be of help! Smiley Happy