AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

does adwords allow advertiser to buy their competitor's domain name as keyword?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just wondering this.., because I can see many advertisers buy their competitor's domain name as keywords.

Also, some competitors host multiple domains to target on the same keywords...wondering if adwords allow this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: does adwords allow advertiser to buy their competitor's domain name as keyword?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello benpptung

Check this discussion on the same topic:

Competitor using my company name as a keyword

[edited]

• Your second question is not quite clear: You cannot have more than one account targeting the same domain - If this is what you were referring to. Targeting the same domain using a number of accounts - violates the Policy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: does adwords allow advertiser to buy their competitor's domain name as keyword?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello benpptung

Check this discussion on the same topic:

Competitor using my company name as a keyword

[edited]

• Your second question is not quite clear: You cannot have more than one account targeting the same domain - If this is what you were referring to. Targeting the same domain using a number of accounts - violates the Policy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’