AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

disapproved review extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help!?!?

My ad extension reviews keep being disapproved. I am taking quotes from the reviews left my our customers on our yell.com company profile page.

I am assuming that the reviews are being disapproved because they are from customers and not from an interview in a magazine or from a website.

We are electricians and would only ever have reviews from our customers - how can I get these on to my Ad campaign and stay in line with Google's policies??

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: disapproved review extension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Read this discussion about review extension adequate sources;
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Review-Extensins-What-Are-Valid...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
As a rough guide, any site where you could publish a review - or get a friend to publish a review - are going to be off limits for obvious reasons...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

What I've found works and what performs well for some of our clients who have service based businesses is using the BBB ratings as review extensions. I'm sure you'll see this mentioned elsewhere as well.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
That works if you are in the US... for the rest of us it's a little more complex. I think sometimes we confuse review with review site... the review could be, for example, a restaurant review on a magazine website... it simply has to be from a source which you (or a friend) could not have actually written the review yourself. And, of course, Google have to consider the review as being from an "authority" site - again, something up to discretion.