AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

disapproved ads for keyword "ATOPICA", why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I,

we have several ads disapproved for using in the destination page the term "dermatite atopica", the italian translation of "atopic dermatitis".
As we help people finding a doctor and used to have in our listing some example of treated deseases, how can we fix this weird problem.

I can't find atopica in the forbidden keywords, but every trials of ads submission fails.

Any suggestion?

Paolo

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Paolo,

When an ad is disapproved it may be the landing page and ad or the ad or the landing page that is the issue. Since you are dealing with an item in the medical industry, the website may not pass the guidelines for the healthcare and medicines. Please review all of this information carefully and see how it may apply to your situation.  

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Obviously I read this article at least 100 times, but, as we are not dealing with drugs or drugs prescriptions, inside there isn't the reply to our problem.
We had the same problem with the term BOTOX and we removed it from the landing pages as it's a drug and it didn't respected the medical guidelines. We understand it's a service for aesthetic doctor but a drug too, so, no problem, we're used to respect guidelines.

But, as stated before, the term ATOPICA isn't in any list of forbidden terms, isn't a drug and above all it is just one of the term of the italian DERMATITE ATOPICA (atopic dermatitis) a common desease treated by some of our doctor.

I'm just asking to know if it's possible to fix this, I suppose, misunderstanding of the adwords AI or If someone could explain us why ATOPICA is a stopword for the italian ads.

Thx

Paolo

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Paolo,

It all does apply, just as when you used the term Botox. You are in the healthcare industry and that brings you under further review by the system. If your website mentions treatments of dermatitis, you will have a harder time with AdWords. The word does not have to be listed as forbidden... you are in an industry that is highly watched by the AdWords system. Again, the ad being disapproved could be from the website terminology or a link to another page that uses terms not allowed. 

Have you tried calling AdWords Support?  

All the Best,

James