AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

disapproved ad for display URL. Nothing is Wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying to submit an ad for over a week now and it keeps getting disapproved.  It states that the display URL is inaccurate.  My URL is beachfrontprod.blogspot.com.  It is the same URL that shows up when I click the link to go to the site.  I spoke with someone at AdWords over the phone and they say that the domain changes to .in when they click it and that is why it is disapproved.  ISN'T that a regional thing.  I assume the person deciding on whether or not the ad is approved is getting redirected by Google's Blogger to a .in domain because they are in India.  So I am trying to sign up for a Google service... spend money to promote a  Blog that is hosted by Google that uses Google AdSense but I am being disapproved by Google. 

What can I do.  I am wasting a lot of time just trying to spend money on ads.

If no one can answer that question, I had deposited $50 into my AdWords account.  Please tell me how I can refund that money and I'll just forget advertising. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: disapproved ad for display URL. Nothing is Wrong?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Where you are based. India? Is so, give the URL as http://beachfrontprod.blogspot.in/

Regards,

Gokul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No sir.  I am based in the US.  I gave http://beachfrontprod.blogspot.com as the display URL.  The person approving it is in India and they are requesting I make my display URL with the .in.  This mis-represents my site. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jeffrey, and welcome to the Community.  You've raised what is actually a very interesting point, one I've not come across before (not that that's any comfort to you!).  I've just clicked your link (to .com) and yes, it's loaded as .co.uk for me (I'm in the UK) so I can see how this might cause a Disapproval.

I would have thought that Google would catch this - or that we've had heard of it before, after all neither Blogger nor advertising on Blogger is new - so maybe it's the result of some recent changes.

I'll escalate this for a response - hang in there; if you get no updates after a couple of days give us another poke - this is an interesting question.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I should just add that notwithstanding any solution to the redirection problem, the solution in your case would be to use your own URL.  It's relatively easy (and cheap) to set up Blogger so it appears to reside on a personal URL rather than blogspot.com and this would solve your URL issues.

For example, my own sparsely populated blog is a Blogger blog but it's here:  http://adwords.cobnut.net/ so I'll never have the problem of a redirection, wherever my viewer is.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits