AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

default access to google adwords relationship managers ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

new to adwords but the account is old. so when the google relationship manager met me, i was surprised that she had access to (atleast some of, if not all) the data. i do not have any such user in the access control section. so does this mean that any of my earlier account users have granted the google team access (i have no way of verifying that) or do they have a default access anyways ?

and if they do, do they have access to only macro data (they definitely have campaign level) or even keyword level data ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: default access to google adwords relationship managers ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

To the best of my knowledge I can say that it might have happened because of the notification settings under My account. If customized help and performance suggestions is marked as yes, then probably that could be the reason for someone from Adwords support knowing about your account and you might have received some performance suggestions also for your campaigns. But that's only the suggestions and implementing them or not totally depends upon the users who have access to your Adwords account.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey pankaj.....tks ....

Customised algorithmic suggestions are always welcome from google, my only concern is that their relationship managers work with accounts mostly in the same vertical.  this would mean that if i have a travel portal, the same relationship managers would probably be talking to other travel portals as well.  so there always is a small risk of "effective practices being used by one efficient advertiser" getting shared inadvertantly across the not-so-efficient large spenders Smiley Happy

actually just needed to know the extent of access that they have.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

rajeshkv wrote:

hey pankaj.....tks ....

Customised algorithmic suggestions are always welcome from google, my only concern is that their relationship managers work with accounts mostly in the same vertical.  this would mean that if i have a travel portal, the same relationship managers would probably be talking to other travel portals as well.  so there always is a small risk of "effective practices being used by one efficient advertiser" getting shared inadvertantly across the not-so-efficient large spenders Smiley Happy

actually just needed to know the extent of access that they have.

Hello again,

Do you seriously think like that?

I don't think so. Try and think that Adwords system is already generating a huge revenue from different verticals of businesses who are actively using Google Adwords to be their main source of generating traffic and revenue. That would be really unfair if things start happening this way. Moreover, there are Adwords Terms and conditions (https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder) and Google's Privacy Policy (http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/) which clearly explains the importance of personal info and all which is shared with them.

I would advice you to monitor your Adwords campaigns regularly and keep tweaking them so that you are on top of your competitors.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

actually - dont really sense that risk.

but surprised that the access exists - quite unlike google.

my query was more related to the extent of the access.

tks