AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

counterfeit suspension ??????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a business which sells genuine designer sunglasses.  I received a voucher for google adwords and thought I would give it a try.  If I spend £25 I get an additional £75 of advertising.  I put together an advert which was reviewed for a couple of days and was approved (so google have checked my details, site and ad and said its ok to run).  My advert ran for a couple of days and I soon racked up costs of £25, no problem I thought the free £75 will kick in now. Only, as soon as I reach £25 google informs me my advert is suspended because of 'counterfeit goods'. My first thoughts are how would google have any idea if my goods are counterfeit (which they are not) unless they bought some and tested them. Also, if they were unhappy with my site why did they originally OK my advert then changed their mind just as the free advertising was about to start.  Ive also noticed that anyone can write to google if they suspect a site is selling counterfeit goods, which makes me think a competitior business has seen my advert and sabotaged my advert by (wrongly) reporting my good as counterfeit. I wan't google to re-instate my advert but when I tell them my goods are not counterfeit they arn't taking any notice.  I feel either google has duped me into spending £25 and not giving me the remaining £75 or a competitor website has got one over on me for reporting my goods as counterfeit when they are not. Please help me to get my advert re-instated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: counterfeit suspension ??????

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Could you copy/ paste the suspension email you received from Google (do NOT include any personal info. e.g. email, CID)

Please share your website URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply and taking the time to look into this matter for me.

Please find below the email I received, my website is designed dash eyewear dot com (sorry but ive not written the website address properly as I fear that this post may be brought up in a search if a customer ever google's my web address, and linking my address to a post about counterfeit goods could be damaging for a business which retails genuine products.):

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

We wanted to alert you that one of your sites violates our Advertising  
Policies and as a result we aren't displaying ads for any URLs on that  
site. Please note that any new ads pointing to that site will also be  
disapproved.

If this is an error, we want to get your ads back up and running as quickly  
as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account and  
URL:

Customer ID: removed
      Display URL: removed

The name of the policy is: Counterfeit goods
      More information about this policy, including how to correct problems:  
http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en_GB&topic=1346942&guide=1308252&page=guid...

Repeated violations of our Advertising Policies may result in a suspension  
of your AdWords account, so it's important that you address any issues as  
soon as possible by reviewing our policies. You can review our Advertising  
Policies at:  
http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cm&utm_campaign=awpv.

To learn more about AdWords suspension policies, please visit  
http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?answer=164786&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cm&....

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn't  
accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you'd like  
to contact us, you can use this form (login required)  
https://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/request.py?contact_type=site_policy&utm_source=google&utm_....  

Other contact methods are described at  
http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?answer=8206&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cm&utm_c....

Yours Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Are all the products genuine?

Are you an official reseller?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi if your goods are genuine then you have nothing to worry about do you ? i would suggest that you contact Google AdWords by phone and explain to them that your goods are all genuine and send them proof of purchase warranty's etc Smiley Happy Then in no time you will have your account back, with the £75 bucks Google has promised you Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, the products I retail are 100% genuine and are purchased from the licensed manufacturer.  All of my stock has come from the manufacturer in Italy and is sold with the manufacturers paperwork and / or authenticity certificate.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dude you got nothing to worry about Smiley Happy I suggest your ring AdWords right now, and ask them where you can send proof of purchase... JOB DONE Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,  thanks for your help, I have spoke to them and they are going to look into it and get back to me in 24 hours.  Fingers crossed!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

An interesting case; Keep us posted

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah Dude i 2 that, keep us posted.... Thanks Smiley Happy