AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

can i put amazon.com as the diplay url for amazon products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to advertise a product from amazon using their shorten url as the landing page. e.g amzn.to/1xD4.

Google has refused my display url.can i use "amazon.com" as the display url?if i am selling a book what can be the appropriate url i can use.

Bawo

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: can i put amazon.com as the diplay url for amazon products

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Amazon has been a controversial topic in the past. As far as the best practices goes, it is recommended that the advertiser should have a website to promote his service/product and from there, the advertiser can send the users to buy the products using Amazon.com. That's my understanding.

Second thing to understand is there might be Trademark related issues while thinking about using Amazon.com as Display and Destination URL.

As far as Display and Destination URL policy is concerned, as said above, both should be same.

Here's one long thread in the past which I would like you to read and especially comments from Calin, which might give you further insights about this: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Adwords-for-Amazon/m-p/4204/highl...

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bawo,

Firstly that link you provided went to an error page, so that may be your first issue. But regarding your question:
Your display URL and landing page URL need to be the same domain.

Learn more here:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?rd=1#024

Specifically the section regarding inaccurate display URL (about 1/3 of the way down).

Hope this helps
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Amazon has been a controversial topic in the past. As far as the best practices goes, it is recommended that the advertiser should have a website to promote his service/product and from there, the advertiser can send the users to buy the products using Amazon.com. That's my understanding.

Second thing to understand is there might be Trademark related issues while thinking about using Amazon.com as Display and Destination URL.

As far as Display and Destination URL policy is concerned, as said above, both should be same.

Here's one long thread in the past which I would like you to read and especially comments from Calin, which might give you further insights about this: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Adwords-for-Amazon/m-p/4204/highl...

Pankaj