AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

average CPC in google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello,   I set Max bid for my campaign in google adwords, But  i dont know  how to set average CPC.  On the dash board i click on the average CPC,  but its not  working or showing anything .  If someone could help me here,  i will be pleased.

Re: average CPC in google adwords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You cannot set average cpc. Average CPC is a part of Google Adwords Reports. You can set bids from Max CPC's. Everytime an ad appears for your keywords, the CPC is different. It would normally not be higher than your Max CPC. Average CPC is the average of CPC's charged to the number of times your ads have appeared.

Example is -

Suppose your max cpc is $2.

Your ads have appeared 3 times until now. Thus the CPC would be then

1st time - $1.25

2nd time - $1.54

3rd time - $1.76

Thus the average cpc of this ad is ($1.25+$1.54+$1.76)/3 = $1.51

Hope this example has helped you understand it.

For More Clarification  - Min CPC, Max CPC and Avg CPC clarified

And Average cost-per-click (Avg. CPC

CPC Bidding

Hope these links will help you understand bidding and its related terms more clearly. Will suggest you to read all suggested articles with the links provided. It will bring more clarity. Any help do shout on the community. Smiley Happy