AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

arbitrage policy suspension on a site with no ads? How come????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site has apparently been suspended for arbitrage policy. Whats funny is that there are absolutely no ads there so I dont know whats wrong. The first time the customer rep from support told me that it was due to a systeme glitch and my site is ok and I should just put it up for review again by making a small edit on the ad. I did that and 6 hours later the ads and site were still suspended. I called up support again and this time I was told that some one from the ads policy review will be contacting me shortly by email. 8 hours on I receive an auto generated email that my account has been suspended because my address couldnt be verified!!!! I have tried contacting them by phone again but I have received absolutely no help. Can some one enlighten me on how to get this fixed??

thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: arbitrage policy suspension on a site with no ads? How come????

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@SocialChoice;

Your last sentense applies

Look at the site Terms of Service...What material could be downloaded.?....?Smiley Tongue

A quick look at the site brings to the conclusion that it is a collection of text/ material with no added value to the user, and that its main goal is to collect personal information. This is a violation of the Policy;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi scrooge;

To me it looks that you are in violation of the  information harvesting section of the Policy;

Your site has no added value to the user. It appears that its main goal is to collect names and email addresses;

Well...that's my view of the site

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

im having the same or similar issue issue....

my website is www.usjunkcars.com and it has been suspended for Arbitratge policy .. Spoke to google number of times and NOONE can tell me why exactly im in violation...

1. i have a UNIQUE content

2. no ads

1. im a legit busines with office and pople working full time

Can someone look into it pls

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@;junkcarsus

How do you know that the arbitrage section was violated?

I think your site violates other sections of the Policy;

Since your case is different, please open a new discussion;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know because i got an email from google telling me my website is in violation of this particular policy - Arbitage that is.

here is an exact snipet from the msg:

+++++++++++++++++

The name of the policy is: Arbitrage
     More information about this policy, including how to correct problems: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1310864&guide=1308145&page=guide.c...

+++++++++++++++++

and as ive mentioned before i spoke with google team twice and NOONE can tell me for sure what is wrong.. this is soooo frustrating....

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This is the first time I see Google disclosing the name of the Policy section violated;

Please copy/ paste all the email ( mask / delete email and CID mentioned).

Is that the first suspension email you received? Or this is a follow-up email, after you had replied to an earlier one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

I took a look at pro-home-improvement.com and I'm curious on why that gets flagged for information harvesting. Is that because it looks like a site that generates leads for other service providers? Would it matter if the site was providing the service themselves? What if they just had a phone number to call instead of the contact form? Does that remove the harvesting aspect?

Or would the whole model of the site be just fine if they offered more value to the user in terms of content, tools, resources, comparisons or whatever? Thanks for your insight.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@SocialChoice;

Your last sentense applies

Look at the site Terms of Service...What material could be downloaded.?....?Smiley Tongue

A quick look at the site brings to the conclusion that it is a collection of text/ material with no added value to the user, and that its main goal is to collect personal information. This is a violation of the Policy;