AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

am i against TOS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have more than one adwords accounts.. by accident because i have multiple gmail accounts. Will this get me banned? I only have money in one account.

Next i heard having scraped data will get you banned. I have database that is from a different site which lets you use it... i believe its using json code but i believe the developer imported it into our mysql.

Will this get me banned?

Thank you in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author newbieguy
September 2015

Re: am i against TOS?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
You can advertise multiple website in same campaign, but make sure they are not targeting same audience for similar keywords, products or service. You can't show more than 1 ads for your same business to same person.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Firs your first question- You will not be banned for having multiple account - if you are not advertising same BUSINESS in them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i appreciate that... what if i am advertising differnet websites under the same LLC.

Lets say my company is  widgetsinc LLC

AND

My main website is widgets dot com

What if i wanted to advertise  buywidgets dot com as well? Should i just do that in the same account?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author newbieguy
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
You can advertise multiple website in same campaign, but make sure they are not targeting same audience for similar keywords, products or service. You can't show more than 1 ads for your same business to same person.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI 

Accodding yo TOS

To comply with this policy, advertisers should avoid running ads from different accounts on the same or similar keywords that point to the same or similar websites. Violations of this policy occur when multiple websites share Common Ownership (defined below), plus when two or more of the following factors are present:

Common Ownership 
Common ownership occurs when the same entity, whether an individual or a business, owns or controls one or more of the sites in question at the time of multiple ad serving.

This clause will apply if you are selling same service/ product on both websites

More details at http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2600168

Regards

nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

well i guess that makes sense. Tough to diversify your presence this way but again.. make sense.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
actually what if i have the other domains for the same business coming up due to seo but i am not actually paying to advertise them.... is that bad?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey

Double servinng policy is for google adwords and not for "google" So on if it shows on organic Smiley Happy dont worry thats no problem

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello guys;

Using the same billing details for the same business, might put your account at risk of being suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi newbieguy,

If the additional accounts were set up accidently, deactivate the accounts.

You're pulling product data from another web site? And that data includes the item description? That's not a policy violation, but will likely result in low quality scores because of duplicate content. If you are writing your own copy to go with that database, you'll probably be ok with that.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords