AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

allowable website content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run an online gift basket company that makes custom baskets with products from a number of vendors.  I have been using the pictures from the vendor websites when selling their products on my site.  On Monday, I was notified that my site is suspended from Google Adwords because of "mirroring" or "framing" these products.  How do I correct this issue-- are edited versions of the product pictures allowed?  Really don't want to have to photograph the over 200 items we sell, especially when the vendor website pix are so much better.  Please help-- hard to market without google adwords!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by PPCBossman (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: allowable website content

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi JackieZ and welcome to the forum.  I'd be a little surprised if you were suspended purely for using images.  As I understand it, it's fairly common to use vendor images in reseller sites - indeed in the clothing industry the vendors normally have a system set up to distribute these images to their resellers.

Are you sure it's just the images?  You're not copying the text as well, or actually including the other websites in an HTML frame?

Here's the text of the Policy in question.  You'll see there's an option to request a re-review in there as well.   

In the meantime, perhaps you could share your URL with us?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon... The online store website is www.shopcarpentiersgourmetbaskets.com.  I looked at the text for all of the products on the site as soon as I got the suspension notice and removed or heavily edited anything borrowed from vendor websites, but am still not approved after review.  I do have downloaded website pictures on some of the category pages, and am totally willing to change those out with others of my own if need be.  The only extra logo I have is from The Moultrie News for a readers Choice Award that we won, and I paid them to use it.  We do run a link on our site to Belva's Flowers, who refer business to us frequently.  So what to do? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry-- that website is www.shop.carpentiersgourmetbaskets.com.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

To follow with Jon's answer that you might be violating other sections of the Policy: You are lacking privacy policy required by all sites collecting personal info.

This is your current privacy policy;

Quote:

>> "Sweet Caroline Gift Baskets, Charleston, SC and Everywhere! use of personal information that you may submit toSweet Caroline Gift Baskets, Charleston, SC and Everywhere! through this Web site is governed by the Sweet Caroline Gift Baskets, Charleston, SC and Everywhere! Privacy Policy."

Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK-- fixed the verbage on the privacy policy.  What else do I need to do?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by PPCBossman (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

hello again JackieZ;

In simple words: read the advertising Policy in full, and verify with your programmer that your site fully complies with every section;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But I am the programmer, and I have had the site up for several years without a problem.  I have read the policy but need someone to tell me exactly what the issue is so that I can correct it!  I have lost almost a week of sales because of the loss of adwords, and need to find out exactly what action I can take to correct this.  Please let me know how I can get information about exactly what MY issues are and I will go forward.  Please Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Google does not disclose the reasons for a suspension; So, there is no other way, but to thoroughly go through every section of the Policy; match it with the relevant part of the website, and verify compliance;

I know - it's a time consuming. But,  no short-cuts  with that...Smiley Wink