AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

all google ads are paused

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the reason is malicious software.

1 Expert replyverified_user

all google ads are paused

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bola L,

When this happens, you will need to scrub your website for the foul link or content. Please keep in mind that it could be a link on your site, content from a plugin or source pages, a comment on a blog post... really anything. To advertise with AdWords, 100% of your website must be clean and remain that way. You have to provide a super safe environment for all visitors. 

You can review Google Search Console, if you have your website connected to it and see if Google has flagged your site there. You can also do a Google search for your full website address and see if it is flagged there. These may take longer to catch up with the Adbot from AdWords, so they may not show any alerts yet. 

You can also run your website through this credible malware scanner and see it finds anything. Depending on how embedded or cloaked the malware is... it may be difficult to locate with all of the mentioned methods. The lack of finding it does not mean it is not present. You may have to get help from your hosting company, push a backup copy or rebuild/rework your website. If it is a WordPress website, you will want to change your password before doing anything and verify if there are backdoors installed to it. Research all of your plugins carefully. This WordPress plugin can help. And this is another credible product for WordPress sites. 

Please note that all of this information is from myself as a web developer, not Google. I am not a Google employee and Google does not recommend or endorse products. 

I do hope you find the malware and get it offline... and get yourself back to normal.

Kind Regards,

James