AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

adwords policies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to know the latest and upcoming policies in google Adwords, since i am an old advertiser with google i am almost updated with all the policies but there are so many rumors with new policies regarding the suspension of account which might happen from the beginning of next month's first week.

Please let me know any policy that is coming after the (no phone number in the text ad) is on the go?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akshay K
September 2015

Re: adwords policies

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
No phone number in the ad-text has been here since April...
Check the Policy change log for coming changes.. No secrets . All coming changes are published by Google...
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/topic/29265?rd=1
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
watch out here.. if its a tech support.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Moshe TLV,
Q.1 - Some of the representatives informed that i can add the trademark term in the display URL as it will increase the quality score and ad relevance because google do not check the display url and say say no it also violates the policy, I have also seen new accounts with the trademark term in the display url as subdomains or before the actual domain address?
Q.2 - I had my toll free number in my domain so i had the same in the display URL and i was informed that i am technically right as i am not violating the number policy by mentioning the number in the ad text without reason? Can i run my ads like this by being safe on the other hand?
Q.3 - Even after having a very good CTR (2.07%), Quality Score (7-8 for every keyword) a good landing experience (6 mins average) and very low bounce rate still the call extension pops up only for 1/4 of the total advertising time. It always pops for for everybody or nobody on the page?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello again.
1. Correct;
2. What do you mean by saying: "I had my toll free number in my domain ": - Was the domain a phone number e.g. 1-800--get service?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Q.1 - can I write the subdominan in the display URL even if it contains trademark term?
Q.2 - reply - Yes, the domain is www.1-800-xxx-xxxx-email-help.com

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

1, Yes as explained by the rep ; Google does not check trade-name used in the display URL. However; that doesn't mean that the trade-name owner can't demand you not to use it and pursue other courses of action (e.g. To sue for violating the trademark. ( The fact that Google does not take action  - doesn't mean that the trademark owner can't take  actions of his 

2.  To my knowledge, you cannot have a phone number in the ad-text -, no matter the reason, even if it is part of your domain name. That was confusing users with call extensions, thus removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
Thank you for your time, So does that mean that I can add the trade mark term in display URL and if it is not accepted by the trade mark owner I will be notified by google to make required changes or will the account directly get suspended due major violation of policy?
I want to know what will happen to my account if the trade mark owner demands to remove the trade mark term (Eg. Apple) from the display URL.
Will I be notified by google?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

No ; You will NOT be notified by Google, since Google does not investigate trademark in the URL...
You might though be notified by the trade mark owner by a court subpoena .... Smiley Surprised Thus, I would NOT violate a trademark, anywhere in the ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, thank you very much for your time and knowledge. I am trying to obtain the approval from the authorized person in the mean while I am adding the trademark term in the display URL as it exists in my sub domain too as it will help me in increasing the quality score and ad relevance but
I am just afraid in future if the trade mark owner wants me to remove it will i get a chance to remove it or my account have to face immediate suspension?