AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

adwords and affiliate program

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

I have a question. Our company is running its own AdWords campaigns. Besides, because of the nature of our business, we have numerous affiliate companies/individuals which some of them may use ppc ads including google AdWords ads to promote our products through the affiliation program. Now, my question is whether this practice will affect our AdWords account? I mean, in any case, would Google punish the company’s account (which is working for years) just because different accounts are promoting the same website? Or if some of the affiliates do something wrong which we have no control of it?

I just should mentioned that the landing pages we use are quite different since the domain name is the same but different affiliates use different affiliate links/tokens (by utm parameters) added to the main domain address.

Thanks a lot.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adwords and affiliate program

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

I don't think promoting same website in different account would be a problem as long as your website is clean.

But personally I think its better to have a proper coordination with other groups as well. It will help to reduce any future problems.

Re: adwords and affiliate program

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Nariman,
The practice of affiliates should not affect what is in your Account and your Quality Scores, but it could definitely affect your CPCs. Google will only show one Ad, per Domain, per search query. Therefore, if you're bidding on the same keywords as your affiliates, you're going to be driving up each others' CPCs. I agree with Nisal - have a coordination strategy and be sure that you know what Keywords they're bidding on.
But to answer your question - as long as you're controlling the Landing Pages and the website and your following Google's guidelines, you should not have any issues.