AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

adwords ads aiding in illegal and unfair activity.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Google,

I have a legal issue I need addressed.

I started my company as a sole proprietorship in Rio Rancho, NM in 2008 as Josh's Lock and Key. I have owned the domain name:www.joshslockandkey.com since it's inception in 2009. I have a registered Limited Liability Company in the State Of New Mexico as Josh's Lock and Key LLC, dba Josh's Lock and Key since 2011. As you can see I have every single right to do business as Josh's Lock and Key in the state of New Mexico. 

I have come to a frustrating matter in regards to a specific google adwords campaign that Google is currently displaying. I have been observing and recording  everyday since 15 May 2016, that Google is displaying an add with a phone number <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> and website:www.albuquerque-locksmith.mobi using the name, "Josh's Lock and Key" (verbatim) in that specific add that is not associated with the legal Company Josh's Lock and Key LLC in the state of New Mexico. To add to that Google is unknowingly displaying the add in a higher ranking position than the actual legal Josh's Lock and Key's website or Google business listing. 

I would like to conclude this letter to humbly ask someone at Google to please cease and desist all ads that are not associated with the legal Locksmith  Business Josh's Lock and Key LLC, dba Josh's Lock and Key website:www.joshslockandkey.com Phone:<edited by a Community Manager as noted below> within the state of New Mexico. 

I do not wish to procceed with legal procceedings at this time, but I humbly ask Google to terminate the adwords account that is associated with the phone number <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> and website: www.albuquerque-locksmith.mobi from all Google databases and search results within the state of New Mexico. This company is causing confusion to my customer base and is illegally and unfairly profiting off of the business name "Josh's Lock and Key" within the state of New Mexico

Regards,

Joshua T
President
Josh's Lock and Key
<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adwords ads aiding in illegal and unfair activity.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Joshua T;

We are not Google. This is an advertisers peer to peer community in which advertisers are sharing  knowledge and practice.

So, this is certainly  not the place to "advice" about legal actions....

If you are the registered trademark owner of the name - read this guide by Google  to trade-name owners;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562124

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’