AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

adult policy continuity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We manage a large-ish account that operates in the adult dating niche, all landers are built to suit adwords and all adverts are written in a similar manner, yet, for some reason, certain genre descriptive words such as transvestite and crossdresser, which are both considered default terms within the niche are subject to an enormous amount of agro to get passed. I can get that the word tranny may not be accepted (although thats still quite default terminology) but i'm struggling to get a reasonable answer from anyone as to why these 2 specifically are being blocked when words such as transgender and transsexual are fine?

Regards continuity of review, we have some adverts using these words in the same campaign as those adverts being rejected continually, further more the words are used on a large number of competitor adverts as well, is there any way to actually speak to someone that actually understands whats going on with regards to policy so this can be reviewed and clarified?

1 Expert replyverified_user

adult policy continuity

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

There are restrictions on certain keywords in certain countries and languages, Google does not disclose the list.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

adult policy continuity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV, it's very frustrating to have adverts approved including the word and others disapproved because of the word, there's simply no continuity and there's no valid reason I can think of as to why the words would be excluded. In this situation it seems to be more of case of different people having a personal view on the words being used and acting accordingly, there really needs to be a way to communicate with the policy team to discuss situations such as this so there is at least clarity.

adult policy continuity

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can file a complaint if you have grounds to suspect a violation by a competitor.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: adult policy continuity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the thing, I don't think it is a violation as I've had ads approved using these words in the past and even quite recently, I even have an ad running using them right now, but trying to get a new one approved is causing massive headaches as no one seems to be able to provide a suitable answer as to why it keeps being failed, they just keep quoting 'policy' so there's obviously a misunderstanding in there somewhere and no one wants to accept responsibility in investigating it and correcting the problem.

adult policy continuity

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Most likely policy endorsement has been tightened and ads / keywords which were "below the radar" in the past, are now flagged.

adult policy continuity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Iain:
How did this resolve? 

Our company makes motor oils, lubricants and transmission fluids. An auto transmission is usually called a 'tranny.' So "...fluid protects gears, bearings and other vital DCT tranny parts" is rejected.  

Thank you,

Nick

adult policy continuity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nick, I managed to get tv and cd approved but it was a lot of back and forth and took about 2 weeks of hair pulling Smiley Sad 

Given the genre of your product I'm not sure why it would be an issue and would suggest speaking to a live help chat agent and explaining what the product is and why it's not going to be considered as aggressive or negative, that you're not targeting the tv/ts/cd community etc and hope for the best

One thing to bear in mind though is that you'll want to be very specific with your keywords as anything that includes tranny as a broad match is going to have your adverts showing up for a  very different subject matter Smiley Wink

Iain

Re: adult policy continuity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Iain.

Google said no. The rep did say she checked with somebody but the reply was 'tranny' isn't even worth discussing. Not being approved ever.

Good point on the negative keywords. We manufacture long lasting synthetic lubricants for engine and gear protection. We are VERY careful with match types, negative keywords and search terms!  :-)