AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

ads disapproved for 404 error on landing page

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Had a temporary hiccup with the server which caused pages to go down. 

Just checked the site & landing page and it runs fine - so I don't know what is going on.

How can i reset the status and get the ad approved without changing anything (apart from the fact that the landing page is now working obviously).

In the past I just changed something and then editing back on the next revision. But I don't want to do that and lose the stats.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ads disapproved for 404 error on landing page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello morecaffeine,

Samething happened with one of my client account (as there were some changes happening inside the website). If I remember correctly, when I reviewed the policy details (which was something similar to your situation destination URL not working), I got an option to submit the campaign for review again. I did that and within a short span of time, my ads were approved again.

Try that and see if that works for you as well.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks, i didn't see that.. The ads that were disapproved for 404 error were new so I just changed it to the https url and got reactived, but I'll bear that in mind for future.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi All,

The destination URL needs to be working inorder for the ad to be approved.
Once you go into the ads tab move your curser over the ad and a pencil icon should appear.
You can then amend the destination url.
This is effectively re-submitting the ads for review.
As long as the URL is working and leads to the same domain then that should rectify the issue.
Here is a quick link to the the Adwords Destination URL policy.

Barry.