AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

ad and account under review...adwords lying system

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

I thought myself Adwords was a normal website like any other site that you pay on (Paypal, mb,...etc)

I added my first ad and the ad was under review.The ad went out of review and got approved then suddenly the account went under review for 2-3 business days!.

So things happened like this:

31.05 signed up

31.05 ad goes under review

02.06 Ad is approved and account goes under review

Today i called them 04.06 and they told me exactly what was written on my account, that for my security...etc. I asked where exactly is the problem so i can fixt it and again same text.

It's not normal to publish an ad and get it live or not after almost 1 week because of billing verifications. I don't know what verifications they do there or not but i've called my bank and they said that nobody can ask for such information, so this billing review process is nothing but a lie to me.

On all websites you can send bank statements, credit card scans, id scans and get your accounts like over the phone (paypal example) or even make 2 charges on your card...only on Adwords they sell you bull..hit.

Now seeing this i contacted an adwords certified partner and guess what. The same ad with a different domain extension (like from .com to .net) was approved and running in......3 hours! So it seems they prefer they're own people after all.

The same ad was published on Bing Ads network with the same billing details of course..surprise again..went online after only 30 minutes! I'd rather pay people to SEO my site rather than pay Adwords.

Re: ad and account under review...adwords lying system

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

I'm really sorry you had a bad experience here.

When accounts are new, I do typically see them undergo an account review process that can take 1-3 business days. We strive to turn that around as quickly as possible, but we do want to ensure that the activity within the account is legitimate and authorized.

Account reviews and ad reviews are separate processes. Whenever you input an ad, we aim to review it in about 24 hours. Sometimes it takes longer than that, but many times, it can be reviewed within minutes.

Sounds like you had both of these happening simultaneously, and again, I'm sorry if that proved to be a frustrating experience. I do want to assure you that we don't give preferential treatment to the accounts of Partners; those accounts would be subject to the same account and ad reviews.

I'm not sure if you're still experiencing trouble having your ads running, but if you are, please let me know, and I'll have someone take a look at your account and contact you.