AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

account suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My AdWords account has been suspended ("Your account is suspended - We've had to suspend your AdWords account because it contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies. Learn more"), I received a few automatic e-mails about that, but none of them specified why exactly my account has been suspended. I tried calling AdWords support twice, but people there apparently know nothing and can do nothing about it (what kind of moron set up "support" that cannot support the user?). Do you have any idea how can I get info what is actually wrong with my site? The site is http://sharpsetup.eu/

Tomek

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomasz G
September 2015

Re: account suspension

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Google replied that your site lacks software uninstall information (for the user).

Please add that, verify that   all sections of your site complies with software principle, and resubmit the site.

Work closely with your programmer to recheck and verify compliance before resubmitting the  site. You already had one suspension   due to multiple violations... So, this time make sure that all is fixed.

Good  luck  with your campaign

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Can you elaborate about your previous violations with Google?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There was one delayed payment (but this has been fixed long ago and ads were running happily since then) and there was also an e-mail pointing to "Policy violation: Software principles" - but I do not see how could I violate any of those policies.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
OK; We will check with Google about this URL.
Please be patient. This could take a few days.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomasz G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Google replied that your site lacks software uninstall information (for the user).

Please add that, verify that   all sections of your site complies with software principle, and resubmit the site.

Work closely with your programmer to recheck and verify compliance before resubmitting the  site. You already had one suspension   due to multiple violations... So, this time make sure that all is fixed.

Good  luck  with your campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wish they had provided this information in the first mail or through phone support at the latest. Anyway, thanks for your help.

However, I am still unsure how do I make a fix. Should I fix the software itself or the website? Where can I find the policy text? I found this: http://www.google.com/about/company/unwanted-software-policy.html?hl=en but it doesn't say that the uninstall information should be available on my website (I am happy to add this info, but just not sure whether that will fix the "violation" that didn't happen in the first place). The uninstallation is pretty straightforward - just go to control panel -> programs and features and click program name and uninstall - just as for every other Windows software.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

The site must comply with  "Promotions that violate Google's Unwanted Software policy" including:

• Uninstall information must be easily accessible, simple to perform, and clearly identifiable after the software has been installed."

Read the policy in full in the following link and verify compliance:

http://www.google.com/about/company/unwanted-software-policy.html?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But the uninstall information is easily accessible here: https://www.google.pl/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how+to+uninstall+windows+programs
Unless of course Google employees cannot google - but I hear that they teach that in primary schools nowadays.

Please do not take this personally, but this policy (or its interpretation) is just plain stupid - it is close to impossible to install my program by accident as you need to have Visual Studio Professional installed as a prerequisite. And you do not install software that costs several hundred dollars by accident.

Anyway, could you please verify whether the changes that I made are enough? I am not providing a specific url because if you cannot find it it will probably need to be placed in some more prominent place.

Thank you again for your help.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Regardless of your thoughts about the policy - the "rules of the game are set by Google" Smiley Surprised,  So you must follow :

If you read the link I provided, you would notice:

">>"the software must provide a clear uninstall process and must not engage in any deceptive behaviors to deter uninstallation."

>>"Uninstall information must be easily accessible, simple to perform, and clearly identifiable after the software has been installed.

So instructions must be shown on the site;

As for your other question: we are volunteers here.  Naturally, our time is limited. We can't  get into specific checks of compliance   due the  labor and time involved. This is beyond the scope of this community.

However, I do  think  that by pinpointing the section in violation, we did help  you to make a considerable progress. On the details, you'll have to work with your programmers. (And yes, I know,   There is  a lot of work and  it is a time consuming task. I did that a few times. Smiley Surprised )

I re-iterate: verify compliance of all causes. There is a limit to the number of times Google will recheck a site...

Good luck;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
One short question: is this the correct link for resubmission for recheck?
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended?hl=pl

I know this is not your policy and I hope that thanks to the information you have provided I will be able to get the account reactivated (until then I cannot say I have achieved any progress).

I wrote the above so that:
a) people are aware that official Google support is pure crap (especially the phone support) and it is much better on this forum,
b) policy makers at Google start writing policies that make sense and are clear enough.

Anyway, given my experience with Google I wish Microsoft a lot of luck with Bing :-)