AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

account suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It would be nice if the google team told you exactly which policy was violated.. I had my account suspended but have no idea why for about 2 years now... tried in vain to find out which  website was at fault but again its lilke pulling teeth trying to find out..

Big Company true but for us who are trying to make and income online its difficult to understand why they are not specific and how to fix it.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: account suspension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John,
Google send you an email explaining what account was suspended.
There are usually details as to what account and policy violation occurred in that mail.
It's usually quite clear too what policies were violated.

If you want to share your website address, we can point you in the direction of the policy that you violated.

If you could share the email that you got from Google, that would be great two.

Please note that because it was 2 years ago, things have changed a lot since then so you may not have gotten all the details in the mail back then. However, if you were suspended for a severe or repeated policy violation, you will not ever be allowed to advertise on AdWords again. Google are pretty strict on this front. IF this was the case, you're expending a lot of effort for something that ultimately you will not have any control over.

Re: account suspension

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey John,

I was suspended 3 years ago and I just got my account back a few days ago so let me give you some input from personal experience. First off, back in 2011 I mostly received "this decision is permanent" messages whenever I inquired, either that or some other form of automated messages telling me I'm not gonna ever see my account again.

HOWEVER, the good news is that I got it back, after 3 years. As Dave said above, things have changed quite a bit and support is a lot more helpful now then back then. I certainly encourage you to give this another fair try. Here's what I did to find out the exact problematic website:

1) Call adwords at 1-866-246-6453 press 1 for Adwords then choose Ad approvals & policy. When you get a rep on the phone ask for the suspension reason, if they list a generic policy name, note it down and ask if it's associated with a specific website, they'll usually tell you which one.

2) Submit a policy inquiry through: https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/approvals

3) Review your emails. If you do not delete all emails, look up emails from Adwords. Before the suspension notification (which may contain little to no information) you'll usually receive an ad disapproved notification, or a website disabled notification first. That should guide you as to which of your websites is problematic.

Once you've identified the problematic website and the policy it violates, you can then work on fixing it. If you're having any issues fixing it, post on the forum again and someone will certainly be able to give you some pointers.

The next step after fixing the website is submitting it for re-review:
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/site_policy

Then finally, file an appeal to lift the suspension:
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/appeals

Note that before you submit the suspension appeal, you need to make sure not only that your website is compliant, but that current ads or campaigns on your Adwords account are too. Also ensure your billing information is up to date and ready to go.

In my case it took less than a week to complete this whole process and I was back up and running after 3 years, so certainly worth giving it a shot. Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!