AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

account suspended and have NO idea why

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We opened an account, added credit card detalis from our wyoming company, we are in Michigan.  Card good, everything is consistent and google suspended our account.  not sure why until we logged in to use it recently.  We had an employee we fired for other matters and not sure if he somehow offended google, but they are not telling us why its suspended.  It says this at header:

Your account is suspended - We've identified suspicious behavior in the payment activity of this or your other AdWords accounts. To help prevent any unauthorized activity, we suspended your AdWords accounts.

but on another page it says:

Your account is suspended because your billing information can't be verified.

That makes NO sense.  Our corporation has a good name, address, phone, credit card and my name is on card with money in bank.  No ads have run and nothing has been done that would be offensive but we can't get any answer or help on this. Very, very confused!!

I am freaking out now and moving all my email accounts somewhere else.  It seems that they are reading my emails and a big lawsuit I went through, etc.  Perhaps they think I am evil, not sure, lol.  I am not.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: account suspended and have NO idea why

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Webmaster

There were few cases like this that Google said they have suspended the account due to Billing problems but actually there has been some other reasons as well. Please share the website you were advertising so we can have a look whether it violate any of the policies?

However if it is due to payment issues google have very strict policy regarding it

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375414?hl=en

So you can try to make an appeal but I wont guarantee any solution

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/3375595?utm_source=hc&utm_medium=susp&utm_campaign=2...

Re: account suspended and have NO idea why

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We didn't do any advertising yet, lol. Nothing to pay for so not sure what is going on. Really strange, made the appeal and it was still denied without any reasons whatsoever. We had a competitor in a lawsuit do all sorts of fishy things by contacting vendors (who cancelled accounts) based on his slandering etc. I cannot believe that this would be what happened here, but it looks like the case. There just is no other reason, I wish they would spell it out, even publicly for our matter - don't care. Nothing was done wrong and no reason for suspension other than "non use" of the account, lol.

Also, we had just created a single ad for a website that we built that we no longer wanted, a dog supplies products site.  Nothing spammy, never been advertised, nothing.  A full store ready to go.  Strange.