AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

account suddenly suspended - no email response - no live chat option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone.

Here is what happened to me: I got an email telling me that my adwords account has been suspended. I filled out the appeal form and said that I believe I haven't violated any policies. I got an email later telling me that :

Google does not allow affiliate campaigns to run on AdWords in violation of the applicable affiliate program rules. As a result, your account has been suspended. If you'd like to continue advertising with us, please ensure that you have the explicit permission of the affiliate program owner before running their affiliate program on AdWords

So I did just that. I contacted the website I'm affiliated with and they told me that they have no problem with me buying advertisement to promote my affiliate link. I responded to the aforementioned email with this information, but I've had no response from google after 7 days. I submitted the appeal form again, and just got an automated email in response.

So please, help me. What else can I do to resolve this issue? In the help section I can't find any live chat, email address, or phone number. After spending a lot of money on google ads, I at least expect to talk to a human being.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The text in the email is general, but based on the details you provided, it sounds that Google does not allow this affiliate,  in general, not just you in particular.

Affiliates are a very sensitive business to promote. Once suspended by Google - nothing much we can help with.

Sorry.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response.

The email says "please ensure that you have the explicit permission of the affiliate program owner before running their affiliate program on AdWords".

Well, I DO have the permission of the program owner to advertise. So what's the problem?

Also why is there no way to talk to a google representative directly. I remember I could chat with them some weeks ago, but not lately.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... Again, if you submitted the authorization in writing with Google, and yet  the account was not reinstated, I would say that the affiliate is not allowed. 

Also note: that  you received a canned response. Sometimes those are generated by the system, though the actual reason is a bit different.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’