AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

account disapproved counterfeit goods, gaming, keywords, location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created my first Adwords campaign and received am email that my ad was disapproved. The email said that there was an issue with the ad or the keywords. When I asked for a review, I received a phone call from Google and the person told me that there was an issue with our website having to do with counterfeit goods. According to 'privacy concerns' he couldn't tell me what the specific issue was with the site. If I go to 'fix a suspended campaign', I am told that there is an issue with keywords and with location and listed below that is 'counterfeit goods' and 'gaming'.. When I try and change the keywords that is displayed, it says it 'invalid keyword' after I change it. Changing location doesn't have any effect.

Wish I could get someone to tell me what I need to fix. No way we're selling counterfeit goods or anything to do with gaming and the keyword in question seems pretty innocuous.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: account disapproved counterfeit goods, gaming, keywords, location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Counterfeit goods is a serious violation. Please share the website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colin,

Google doesn't allow promotion of Counterfeit goods. See the Advertising policies below:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Ashish

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
By the way, what exactly are you trying to promote through Adwords? It will help in identifying the cause.