AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

account deleted but adsense still thinks it exists

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A couple years ago I deleted the google account associated with my adwords. I later signed up for gmail with a new account. Now I've tried to sign up for adsense under that new account, and Google thinks my new account should be associated with the old, deleted account. It keeps wanting me to login to that old account to fix the problems, but that account hasn't existed since 2011!

Here's the message I get:

""Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. While reviewing your application, we noticed that your account information matches a currently approved AdSense account associated with jason.xxxxxxxx@comcast.net. Because our policies do not permit multiple accounts, we're unable to accept your new application at this time.""

I've tried going through the help protocols, but nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Re: account deleted but adsense still thinks it exists

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

You might want to repost your question on the AdSense forum: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

Thanks,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Zee! I just did that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jason,

I was able to resolve that here. Please, check the resolution steps I took in the following thread:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/adsense/U9w41WfCXvw/fK6UQoj1heMJ

Please, let me know if that also works for you. I hope it does!

Best regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Your link opens nothing at all. I have a similar problem. I had two accounts adsense asked me to close one. I thought I did the other until adsense sent me a notification that my ads are live. I go back to check the account for it and boom. My account is not active message for an account which adsense said was showing ads. Went back to my old one and was running. I thought it was a mistake because my ID that was approved didn't fit the old one. Meaning has adsense made a mistake? I closed the old one hoping I could access the approved one but no. Adsense claims the other one still exists. Please help. This is confusing and unheard of.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Host G... I'll try pasting my comments from that thread for you here (hope it helps!):

-----------------------------------------

I said:

Hi Colette! I'm sorry again for the delay in getting back to you with my feedback...But - FINALLY! - after trying every single option and persisting in getting this resolved, I was able to get my request 'assigned' to a real person in the Google Adsense Team!! (So you can imagine how happy I was, right? :-)So... in order to help anyone else who might also be facing this very same problem (and of course - Colette - also feel free to use it as reference if you need to respond to any other users regarding this), below I am adding the procedure "I" needed to follow in order to get my problem resolved (however, be aware that the options you need to choose may be slightly different, depending on your issue)Smiley Surprisedk, so what you need to do is fill out the form on the link below (provided by Colette): https://support.google.com/adsense/contact/cant_log_inFill in all required fields with your personal information, and pay special attention to the fields below:-------------------------------Adsense login email-------------------------------(enter the email you used to use to access your Adsense account, which was disabled/deleted by you and is no longer used)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------What error message appears when you try to sign in? *--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Disabled AdSense accountYou might also need to provide them a "proof of ID" (described below) before submitting the form...Then, finally (assuming everything goes well and you get lucky like I did), this is an example of the note/communication you may receive from the Google Adsense team. - However, again, that communication may be different from the one below - depending on the problem you're facing - but, just as a reference, this is what I got here:===================================================Hello,We understand that you're experiencing difficulty with logging in to your AdSense account. Our records show that the email associated with your AdSense account xxxxx@gmail.com is no longer an active AdSense login. To access your account, reply to this email with your new desired AdSense login email address. In your reply, please attach a digital image of a legal document that clearly shows your payee name and postal address as they appear in your account.Examples of acceptable documents include:    government-issued ID document    bank statement    telephone billIf your information matches our records, we'll update your account with your new login.We take these precautions to protect publisher account security and you can be sure that your personal data will not be disclosed to any third party.Thanks for your understanding.Sincerely,The Google AdSense Team===================================================So, I am now really glad to say that my problem is FINALLY resolved!! Thank you very much again for your help/support Colette! I really do appreciate it!Best regards,Vagner
-----------------------------------------

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

BTW - If the form URL above doesn't work, try this one here:
https://support.google.com/adsense/contact/cant_log_in