AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

acceptance for use on adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is this website  ok, it has a slide up...http://www.puttingsecretsrevealed.com/?hop=0

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: acceptance for use on adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I would say that you probably have bigger issues than the slide up, but that cannot be overlooked as it would most likely be treated as a pop-up which are not allowed.  The bigger issue I think you will face will be the User Safety policy.  Google has very little leniency when it comes to claims made on websites.  You're making claims like "Eliminate Their 3-Putts" and "shaving strokes within 5 minutes".  Those are considered "Unrealistic Claims". In Google's words they want advertisers who will "Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims".

Often, and it's unfortunate, business models similar to this one are just not the right fit for AdWords.  If you think you can still be successful and maintain 100% provable and realistic claims on your website, then I would suggest you update your site accordingly and then give AdWords a shot. 

The way it stands now, I would be willing to bet that there is a 99.9% your account would be suspended.  I've seen it here for lesser claims than these. The example website was removed by the user once they realized what the issue was but it was a similar "Improve your golf game instantly" style.  That one was already suspended when they came here. 

I will finish with one thought, this is 100% my opinion based on previous experience and policy knowledge I cannot guarantee anything.  I would just warn you to be very careful to abide by all of the Policies.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’