AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again guys,

I get this message when I hover the mouse over the speech bubble next to "eligible" in some of my keywords in some of my campaigns. In one such campaign I'm using radius targeting to restrict my ads to a 30 mile radius in Massachusetts. I've used the ad preview and diagnosis tool extensively to try to solve this issue but it states again, "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen."

I'm targeting a relatively large area, there are no exclusions, and there is money left in the daily budget. There are 2 keywords I'm using that give this issue for not showing my ads and they both have 7/10 quality scores, but the landing page experience is below average for both.

What the heck is my issue?

Mike the Intern

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've cho

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;
As far as Geo targeting   I don't think you are doing something wrong. This message usually  appears when there are two locations with the same "town name". 
The question is whether Adwords  reports stats? Do you see any impressions/  clicks reported?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've cho

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response, AdWords is reporting stats, I have 13 clicks and about 1700 impressions, and I actually just got a conversion yesterday, despite the message that my ads aren't running.

I am running three campaigns in the same state, and I'm pretty sure theres some overlap so this might be the issue.

Mike