AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Your account is currently under review…

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hi Community,

If you are seeing the following message in your account, keep reading. This post should answer most, if not all, of your questions!

“Your account is currently under review. We periodically review accounts for security purposes and to verify billing information, which takes about 2-3 business days. Your ads won't show during this time period, but they'll automatically be eligible to show again as soon as the review is complete.”

If you are seeing this message, understand that our Policy team periodically reviews various accounts to check their overall health and ensure that it is in compliance with all our policies.

This is a policy check. If everything in your account is set up well, and your account is in compliance with our policies,  there nothing to be worried about. Your account will get re-enabled as soon as the review is complete.

Google believes in being fair to all the advertisers and has laid out a set of non-negotiable guidelines which advertisers need to adhere to. Any account that goes under review can take a maximum of up to 3 business days. Per the process, you will have to allow the policy team that much time to review your account.

This is like a security check at the airport that you have to go through before going on a flight. It’s a health check and hence advertiser’s cooperation is very necessary throughout this process.

Sometimes due to a system lag, your account might remain under review for more than 3 business days. If your account is still under review for more than the normal time period, we are here to help. You can contact us via chat, email or phone, and we will be more than happy to escalate this issue for you to the policy team.

How will I know when my account is out of review?

To determine the status of your account, you will have to go to the ads tab on the top of your account and hover your mouse over speech bubble under the status column. If the message says anything except “Account under review”, then you can conclude that your account is out of review. In the next 4-6 hours, you will also start seeing some impressions and clicks on your ads.

I hope this helps, and let us know via a reply comment if you have any more questions. 

- Shalini

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your account is currently under review…

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing Shalini!