AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Your Google AdWords account has been suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Every one,

Well first time i was interested to run my site campaign on Google Adwords.
I found Google a page which requested me to enter email and contact to get Promotion code.
it was amazing news for me and i got a promotion code from Google-Support

I setup a google adwords account and i was aware i have to spend $25 to to use $75 promotion code
but when i entered promotion code? it says promotion does not apply to the region of billing.

Oh im sorry i forgot to mentioned before im not US citizen ,im from Mauritius.

I contacted customer support who replied me following,

• To use this code, you can set your account Billing address to the US. You will still be able to use a Mauritius credit card to pay for your account and you will be able to target the ads locally if you want. 

I did the same and asked my brother lives in US and use his address as a billing,

I paid $25 and setup my campaign. after 24 hours before my campaign starts my account suspended

• Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.

Well, i realized where i mistake,

My Credit Card address was not same as my CC statement (its for mauritian card)

I contacted the support again to explain them i was advised to setup a US billing and i will be able to pay with my Mauritian Card, you advised me to do since you must know better what are violations of AdWords policies? I mean customer support should not advice to non-US customers to enter US address and Use Mauritian Credit card to pay.. hmmmmm

then i got this reply from same support person.

• we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google.

Anyways..

i was misguided by Google own customer support, even i sent all previous conversation attached to to my email to customer support every time,

Yesterday i tried to change the billing country( not able to do it)
I tried to edit same address as my CC statement ( not able to do)

forgot the about mis guidelines and promotion codes now i even can not do the correction of my billing profile
as when i tried to remove this billing profile it asked to to enter a NEW CC number.

u can see, i was impressed with friends who are running their adwords campaign and made my credit card and budget to promote my site and its all over without getting anything i'm being charged $25.

anyways.. i canceled my billing account (only this option was opened for me i guess)
now im waiting for my $25 to revert back to my card.

Now what should i believe? is customer support providing a valid guidelines?

or can u trust on customer support what they said its violations of AdWords policies itself.

Now i'm here to get help from community that how can i start my campaign?
Here in Mauritius to get a Credit Card is cost money.

Can anyone here from Google to check my adwords account and delete or create a new billing address with my Mastercard please?

Thank you in advance for reading my Long story all happened in just 2 days..
Sincerely,
Shahina

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author urock h
September 2015

Re: Your Google AdWords account has been suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
I understand your frustration. However, billing /payment issues are account specifics. Since we do not have access to the account we cannot help with that.

Please contact your local Google customer service. (See contact details below):
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author urock h
September 2015

Re: Your Google AdWords account has been suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
I understand your frustration. However, billing /payment issues are account specifics. Since we do not have access to the account we cannot help with that.

Please contact your local Google customer service. (See contact details below):
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’