AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Your AdWords account: Ads not running due to AdWords Advertising Policies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I received this email this morning that states 'that one of your sites violates our advertising policies. Therefore, we won't be able to run any of your ads that link to that site, and any new ads pointing to that site will also be disapproved.' I have had a look at the policies and previous enquiries regarding this, but I can not determine what needs to be fixed?

Below are the suggestions that were given:

Here's what you can do to fix your site and hopefully get your ad running

again:

1. Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our

policies:

Display URL: curvesafrica.com

Policy violation: Misleading content

Please help! Thank you in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mia d
April

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mia d,

The website is promoting weight loss techniques and displays claims that have been found by Google aimed at enticing the user with an improbable result (even if this result is possible in a few cases) as the likely outcome that a user can expect. Please refer to:

***   Misrepresentation / Misleading content   ***

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en

Just an example statement from your site: "Only Curves Complete combines the right exercise with the right meal plan and one-on-one coaching to maximize fat loss and rev-up your metabolism."

Such statements are typically categorized by Google as misleading content for which reason advertisers have very little opportunity if any to promote weight loss products or programs by means of AdWords.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

Thank you so much for the clarification! Why am I only getting notified of this now though? It was not an issue previously? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lakatos

One other thing please; the Adwords campaign is for an alternative site for the brand, https://strength.curvesafrica.com.... not curvesafrica.com. So, the ads are all directed to the strength.curvesafrica.com website. No paid for traffic is being referred to the curvesafrica.com website. 

I have directed the ads to the link (strength).

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Mia d,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, Strength is not a domain but a sub-domain of Curves and Google judges them as a whole. Even if Strength was sitting on a separate domain name, well, there is popup to harvest emails, weight loss mentioned again etc. Google frowns on them pretty much.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lakatos

Thank you so much for all your help. I understand. Just one more thing please- what is recommended for companies that do offer a service in weight loss. Is it recommended we rather focus on content surrounding fitness on our website? Or should such companies not have AdWords campaigns? (apologies for all the questions). Thanks again.

Warm Regards,

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Lakatos,

IMHO other forms of online promotion like SEO, email marketing or social might well be more suitable than AdWords, to weight loss, dietary supplements etc websites. 

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Lakatos! I really appreciate all your help.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Weight loss is a very sensitive business to promote (search the community: you'll find dozens of discussions on the topic).

All claims on  a site promoting weight loss must be within the common and acceptable practices within the scientific community. (In other words, one can lose weight only by a combination of a moderate diet and exercising).  All other "magic" / unconventional  techniques   and practices for weight loss  / lose weight are not allowed to be promoted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’