YouTube won't promote my video because of a symbol. I looked all over the edit page
Cannot find said character.
The button will not take me to the problemed text, nor will it take me to the place it said it would.
Re: YouTube won't promote my video because of a symbol. I looked all over the edit page
Hi @Lunker B,
If you uses excessive periods (.) it will give this alert. Same with any other symbols.
- Read the policy above. Here are some examples of excessive or gimmicky punctuation and symbols that we don't allow:
- Exclamation point in the ad's headline
- More than one exclamation point in an ad
- Repeated punctuation or symbols
- Symbols, numbers, and letters that don't adhere to their true meaning or purpose such as using "@ home" to mean "at home"
- Non-standard use of superscripts
- Non-standard symbols or characters like asterisks and vertical lines
- Bullet points
For App ads, note that your app title and developer name are also subject to this policy. You may need to change them within the developer console before you re-submit your ads for approval. If the actual name of the app contains punctuation or symbols, please refer to the exceptions section below to see if they apply to you.
Exceptions: Non-standard punctuation and symbols are allowed in ads for these circumstances:
- Trademarks, brand names, or product names that use non-standard punctuation or symbols consistently throughout the website
- Symbols used in commonly acceptable ways, such as using an asterisk (*) to indicate hotel star rating in "5* hotels"
- Legally-required asterisks or superscript to indicate that conditions apply
If your ad meets one of those exceptions, please request a review. We'll review the information and see if we can approve your ad.
- Change your ad.
If your ad violates this policy, edit it to make it comply.
- On your Ads page, hover over the ad you want to edit.
- Click the pencil icon next to your ad to edit it.
- Click Save when you're done.
Once you edit and save your ad, it's sent for review. Most ads are reviewed within 1 business day, though some can take longer if they need a more complex review. If we find that you've removed the unacceptable content from your ad and its destination, we can approve your ad to start running.
Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile