AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Wordpress?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of the conditions for google ads is you can't use a website created using a third-party site creation company, including Wordpress. 

Is there anything I can do besides building a new website if my website was made using Wordpress? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Wordpress?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nitzan,

I think the source you've heard / read that information problem might be confused with the policies. There's no issue advertising a Wordpress site providing that it isn't violating any of the policies that AdWords enforces. If you want to share your website then we can have a quick check to make sure everything is okay.

I can also confirm that I've been advertising a personal Wordpress via AdWords recently.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nitzan,

I think the source you've heard / read that information problem might be confused with the policies. There's no issue advertising a Wordpress site providing that it isn't violating any of the policies that AdWords enforces. If you want to share your website then we can have a quick check to make sure everything is okay.

I can also confirm that I've been advertising a personal Wordpress via AdWords recently.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Scotty,

I have the same issue of Nitzan, I have a google account for no profit and I following the conditions of google to create a gooogle ad grant account. At the 3 of 4 Step it's clear written that we can't use a website created using a third-party site creation company, like google sites, including Wordpress.
I tried to call the contact center and they confirmed that what I read is correct. What do you think I can do about that? May I create a landing page in a subdomain point out to WordPress web sites? Thanks a lot for your time

Stefano by animaonline.org

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your particular situation fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!